1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rsfh, Feb 1, 2010.

1. rsfh

rsfh Thread Starter New Member

new around here i live in lancaster pa and i house cichlids and other aquatic critters

2. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Welcome! Would love to see some pics of your fish!

3. rsfh

pics and videos to come i promise

4. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

I have a friend that is an invert genius that lives in york, pa. You wouldn't by any chance know Rachel O'leary would you?

5. rsfh

no i do not not yet does your friend belong to the aclc?

6. HBIC

She is on the board of Capitol Cichlids as well as works extensively with the ACA. Not for sure about the aclc, what about Chris Moscarell I have had some dealings with him also, great guy :)

7. HBIC

From a quick look at their site it seems she must be a member, as she is a fan of the ACLC on facebook. She is commonly known as MsJinkzd and is usually the lady with the mohawk that has two little blonde girls with her.

8. rsfh

sounds like a person i should meet i am a recent member to the club this is my first year with them. the club has grown so much and we have a new venue for our meetings a little place called that fish place that pet place ever heard of it? lol

9. HBIC

A little place, that's an understatement. Yes, I have heard of it and as a matter of fact I will be attending (hopefully) an event being held there on April 17 that the monster aquaria network is sponsoring.

10. HBIC

BTW I checked out your pics on myspace your Pacu is stunning.

11. rsfh

lol yes he was a rescue i no longer have him long story short a woman had him in a small pond on her patio and when fall hit the pond would not get above 60. i put him in my tank and held him until i could find a home for him i took him to baltimore to a guy who had a 600 gallon tank but he was fun while i had him. i think they should not be sold at petsmart they say on the tag 55 gallons min......for nthe first 6 months lol

12. HBIC

Honestly they shouldn't be sold in the hobby at all, they aren't call tank busters for no reason.

13. rsfh

yeah on the name issues lol i am terrible the president of caca is a member of aclc and i sat with him and i cannot remember is name. i only started this hmmmmmm, hobby? no lifestyle of mine about 8 years ago. i always had a fishtank as long as i can remember but i have evolved into a cichlid man and getting the itch for salt. so i have met alot of great people but i am unable to put a face to a name

14. rsfh

i think it should be as hard to buy a fish as it is to buy a dog. my green terror is a rescue he was in a 4 gallon tank @ 6 inches why in the world would you do that. i know because they do not know any better and a fish to a chain store is nothing more than a profit.

15. rsfh

p0acus are a great fish but i know i could not give him the home he needed i had him only long enough to save his life my kids loved the fish but so did i and you ave to do the right thing
    i have a weird assortment of fish in my tank but they all get along for the most part and if i foresee a problem i make the changes accordingly i ave the room and the tanks on standby to do so most of my fish were rescues that i buy from ppl and lfs. i just got a breeding pair of jd's from a dude who had an electric catfish in with them they dont look so hot right now but they look a lot better than they did

16. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to Aquarium Space!

17. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Hello and welcome rsfh to THE EXOTIC FISH forum: our friendly & family oriented forum that focuses in on the proper care of wet pets.

We're glad that you’ve found us and can only hope that you make yourself feel right at home with the rest of us ;)

[help] If you find yourself needing HELP at any point and time please feel free to contact:
    -> myself - Mod_Dawn
    -> our site owner- Anthony
    -> or our administrator- Jake
    ...and we’d be glad to assist you in any way that we can.

[*]To get started I suggest you first create your Profile by clicking the “My Profile” which can be found at the top of the screen just below THE EXOTIC FISH logo.

Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Members | My Profile | Calc | Twitter | MySpace | Donate To TheExoticFish

Once you’re in My Profile you’ll find various "Options" that will enable you to create your own unique forum profile.

-> Please note that your avatar should be no larger than 120x120 pixels and any photo/photos that you post to the forum will need to be below 400kb.

[*]Afterwards, you can follow the link below to our Photography / Video section and post your own photos / videos if you have any readily available!
    Aquarium Photos - Show off your Tank Forum

[*] Finally, you can browse through the topics and add your own experiences or thoughts & even post your own unique topic!

Lancaster ey? I'm from the Pittsburgh area

18. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome

19. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

welcome!

20. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member