1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bl80, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Bl80

Bl80 Thread Starter New Member

Hi, I am the proud parent of several Ciclid tanks. I have a 125 gal, adult Mbuna tank, a 140 gal Juvie Mbuna tank ( when I set up my 125 and moved all the adults, well there were so many Fry I just left them!) a 90 g Lake victora tank ( Pundamilia Nyeri ), a 20 gal Bolivian Ram Pair Rescue with some tropical dither fish and my son has a 40 gal Convict Tank. I have been doing fish as a hobby for over 20 years and love it. I have previously done just Tropicals till I discoverd the coloration of the Mbunas. I started with a few tiny fry and have taken in some rescues from ppl who had them in with larger more agressive fish or vice versa. Seeing them go from one extreme to another is truely amazing.

Photos can be viewed here--> My fish tanks - Mbuna, Bolivian Rams 125 Gallon, 90 Gallon, 20 Gallon

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to the forum.

Great looking tanks and fish !

3. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome.

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Welcome to the forum, those are some AMAZING looking tanks!
    I wish I had space for that many tanks, that surely sounds like a fish room in progress. lol!

5. Bl80

Thx all. I love my fish as does the family... Thx Dawn my next group of fish are DISCUS!! Jeffs been researching them. All my tanks are in dif rooms. Our house was built in 1908 so we were lucky there is 7 feet between doorways in dining room ( aka the computer room. We have one in our foyer ( 140 gal 5 foot) and a 90 in the living room as well as my ram tank. The 140 now has a 10 g with the cutesy lil albino/ golden bristlenose juvies til they can go in my 140 for grow out. My sons tank is in his room. When we move I want a finished basement.... Fish room!!!! Lol

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Sounds like you have several fish rooms in the making, haha!
    And sorry that Jeff's wanting Discus, you shoulda gave me advanced warning ..I coulda covered the tank? hehe!
    Have "deep" pockets ready when getting into the discus as the fish themselves are VERY expensive.

7. Bl80

Had I known!!! Hey if he wants em he's gotta buy those!! Tho I'll be the one caring for them. He and my son arranged their computers ( son is cyber schooled) so they can watch the tank in dining room. Animals can't see that one... But I can't keep tongue marks off the Pleco tank as it's under the 140. Silly animals!

8. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I do the cyber school too, and just hit me up if you need any info on keeping the discus.
    What an adventure/moreso expense he's in for. haha!

The most important thing is to acquire healthy stock and QUARANTINE, QUARANTINE, QUARANTINE!

9. KathyRRozier

KathyRRozier New Member

Welcome I am too new here.

10. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Welcome to the forum Kathy! What type of wet pets are you keeping or looking into keeping?