1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sweetdest, Apr 15, 2012.

1. sweetdest

sweetdest Thread Starter New Member

Hi im new. I was wondering does any one know if theres a website where i can get a red panda wag swordtail? I got a couple @ the pet store & they died a couple days later went back & they didnt have any left :(

2. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

Hello, and welcome to our forum! We hope you'll grow to be family here! ^^
    As to a specific place, I'm not sure. On the internet there are several fish providers, my personal favorite is AquaBid.com
    It's like ebay, but with fish. Have you asked as the fish store if they could order more for you? Many places male special orders!

Lets try to find out why they died before you get more tho, we'll happily give you advice and help you make a better and happier water world!

If you have a camera, post a picture of the tank in our tank show off section and lets get to work =D

3. sweetdest

tried uploading pic said the file is too big :( Its a 55 g tank has some swordtails, 2 giant danios, 2 loaches, 2 platys & 4 von rio tetras. We're just having trouble keeping swordtails alive most of them dont live past 3 months in our tank

4. Brent W

Brent W Member

Give it another shot. I increased the size limit.

5. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome.
    have you tested your tank water lately for ammonia, nitrites, nitrates ? if so, could you post the readings ?

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Welcome to the forum!
    I 2nd buzz, ususally when things go awry the first place you want to start is with testing your water chemistry.

7. sweetdest

ya they tested it @ the pet store the nitrates were a little high

8. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

There is always the classifieds here or you can try aquabid

9. sweetdest

k thanks! I think im giving up on swordtails ive been trying to figure out how to keep swordtails alive for a yr now ive gone thru @ least 50, i think its time to give up :(

10. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

I wouldn't give up! Nothing good comes easy. =D Come on now, do research and try something else out!

Alot of petstores sell filtered water (RoWater in some places) ask around. It might be a trace chemical harming them.

11. sweetdest

well im giving up for now till i figure something out. Im getting a book in the mail about swordtails but it wont b here till next month

12. Alleycat

Alleycat Member

I never had much luck with platies and swordtails until I moved them outside. Seems they don't like my hard water, and they flourished in my outdoor rainfilled tubs. When I moved them indoors in the fall, I also brought in 40 gallons of water. I'm itching to get them back outside again so they can reproduce like mad

13. sweetdest

Maybe i'll try that cause i havent had luck w/platys either.