1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

How do you guys post pictures..

Discussion in 'Site News / Feedback / Questions' started by Aironia, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Aironia

Aironia Thread Starter New Member

How do you make a post with the pictures automatically downloading on the page?

2. Aironia

thanks for your help, but i couldnt find an image to click on in that thread. im a bit confused by it actually, why i posted here.

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

if your talking about adding photos in a reply per say all you have to do is goto the bottom of the post and click the box that says Post Reply.

Pictures must be uploaded to the forum and cannot be copy and pasted in.

Scroll down towards the bottom Below all the Smilies and you'll see filename.
    Click the browse box & put your cursor on where the file is located to open the folder or picture. Once the proper filename is showing in the box click OPEN.
    The entire long butt filename will be showing behind your browse box.
    Click just below it (to the right) on the add file...and your file will now upload to the forum.

The 2nd link I provided will give you the max size that is allowed. To reduce it the information is there also..I prefer to use Paint to reduce the size.

USING PAINT TO REDUCE SIZE... (Assuming your running vista & keep photos in your pictures area).

1)Start (windows Flag)>Top Right Pictures>Right click the picture and Select Open With...And Point/Click to PAINT
    2)Image is now showing in paint
    3)At the top click image & then resize skew
    4)Adjust the Horizontal and Vertical resize as necessary (I like 25% on most of my photos and they work just fine for the forum...so I enter 25 in the first 2 boxes and click save ((Of course I only use copies of my actual photos for this so it doesn't ruin my initial pictures))
    5)Now go back to where you stored the picture by browsing for it through here and simply add the file and submit and your all done.

4. Aironia

Thank you very much!

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Most welcome, Sorry I didn't understand your question fully at first until you said about the missing image. Lol.

Hopefully the above helps. If not, please let me know and I'll further assist in any way I can for ya!