1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Howdy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Walker, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Walker

Walker Thread Starter New Member

Hello everyone. Im new to the forum as well as being an aquarist. I dont know much at all so I joined up here hoping to learn from you guys.

At my work we received a fish tank and I was put in charge. Im having a good time with it and I want to get one for my own but Id like to become a little more experienced. Hopefully you guys can help me out and teach me a thing a or twenty. ;)

Thanks for having me!

• Like Like x 1
  2. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

3. Walker

Well we started with some fine gravel, 3 plastic plants, and a little rock with a hole in it. The tank is an Aqueon bowed 10 gal or so and it came with a external power filter, heater, and hood light.

I set it up and let the temp adjust then we got fish to start the famous Nitrogen Cycle. 4 guppies and 3 mollies.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brent W

Brent W Member

Welcome to our forums :)

5. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

Sounds like your off to a good start =D
    Both your fish types are live bearing fish, and if you have a female of either you can expect babies.

Be sure to snag a photo and make a post in our Fish photo and video section =3 The Fish/non-planted section ^^

And, if you have specific questions, ASK! =3 We have a rather large article section, full of all sorts of great information!

6. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome.

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Welcome to our forum, glad you found us!
    smaller setups allow for less error than larger ones believe it or not, but no worries...we have alot of great members that will be glad to help you along the way!

How to Cycle a Fish or Reef Tank --> there's a few links within the topic too

How to Keep Your Fish Healthy -> A comprehensive guide.

And if you check to the upper right you'll find a search box that will help you along also!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Walker

Thanks for the welcome guys :D

And thanks for the info as well

Excellent. The link to the cycling page you provided led me to another link you shared. When I decide to start my "at home" tank I'll try using the fishless method. Far less discouraging.