1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hy from Austria!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Anji, May 19, 2010.

1. Anji

Anji Thread Starter New Member

Hy Members,

I am a freshwater-stringray-breeder from Upper Austria. We breed stingrays for 6 years now, and we had successful breeding with pot. pearl, pot. menchacai, pot. scobina, pot. henlei, pot. leopoldi/ BD and we had hybrids twice. This year we imported tiger rays (pot. menchacai) the first time, and they all are doing well :) If you have any questions, just write [icon_razz.gif]
    You can see our tanks at: http://english.rochen.at/
    I also have a facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=196099786559&ref=ts - feel free to add me :D

Nice Day,
    Anji Weltler

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to Aquarium Space!

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

welcome to the forum Anji, stingray ey?
    how big do they normally get, what's the minimum size tank you recommend, and what's there general compatibility (or do you recommend them to be alone)?

4. GREENTEAL52

GREENTEAL52 Member

very beautiful rays , welcome abord

5. Anji

Anji Thread Starter New Member

Hy everyone,

It´s very different, there are some species which stay smaller (up to 40 cm) and some which become unbelivable huge ;) , but I would advise a 240-gallon tank (minimum) for a small pair! But as I said, it´s very various. Our biggest tank has 2540 gallons, but it´s open to the top [icon_razz.gif] - just depends how addicted you are :D

Nice Day,
    Anji

6. nossie

nossie Member

Welcome! :D

I peeked around at your page, those stingrays are quite interesting creatures, and so pretty :)

7. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome.

8. metrofish

metrofish New Member

welcome