1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

im new on here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bouncer36, Jul 3, 2012.

1. bouncer36

bouncer36 Thread Starter Member

Hi I have a 55 gallon freshwater fish

2. Brent W

Brent W Member

Welcome :)

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Welcome bouncer36! So do you currently have anything in the 55g or is it a work in progress?

4. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome.

5. bouncer36

I have 4 serpa tetras I misspelled the first word, 9 neon tetras, 2 silver dollar fish, 1 black skirt tetra had 5 but 4 died a long time ago, 1 plecomutus,1 Cory catfish, 1 male guppy,2 Mickey mouse platy,1 rose tetra, and a dragon eel goby, 4 tiger barbs

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Wow, that's quite a mix.
    I gotta warn ya that the guppy and platy will probably get attacked by the various tetras (tetras are fin nippers and so are barbs).

Just curious, but with the dragon goby and the silver dollar...are you keeping the tank brackish (some aquarium salt in the water) or are you having luck with keeping them strictly freshwater.

I had a dragon goby a good while back, but unfortunately it didn't do well with the low pH that I tend to run (6.0)...Really neat creatures though! You have to see them with frozen bloodworms...quite a "feeding" site :)

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Oh, and in case you were looking for some really cool cory's (they do soo much better in schools) I thought I'd share this online store/site that I came across--> http://www.nbmaquatics.com/stock/corys/

8. bouncer36

I have watch all of them have never seen any one of them nip each other yes I do have salt in my tank, ifeed the dragon goby frozen grill I have had these fish for a year or more

9. bouncer36

Yes I started with four or five Cory I ended up with one he or she seems to be fine