1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Im very interested

Discussion in 'Site News / Feedback / Questions' started by Shadow Bass, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Bass

Shadow Bass Thread Starter New Member

Im very interested in running a hobby related forum, however it seems that the current trend is the mega forums are getting larger, but less active, and the social networks are booming with hobbyist setting up little forums there, and the old mom and pop forums are slowly dying a slow death.

Why is this happening. I dont really want to be a part of a facebook forum, but im reluctant to invest the time effort, and money in something that is just gonna flop.

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

I think that it's just a trend that we are seeing with social media booming at the time, you are right however mega forums such as M.A.N. are also feeling the lack of membership and posting.

3. Shadow Bass

I find that not to my liking :( I spend a lot of time on forums since i retired. I guess i will have to find a good one that needs a staff member, or build one of my own.

4. revhtree

revhtree New Member

Why don't you help us out here? We're getting ready to revamp and introduce some new things here as well as invite old members back. I just purchased this site recently. Thanks.

5. Shadow Bass

:) that would be nice, what did you have in mind ??

6. revhtree

revhtree New Member

Well I am going to need people to help moderate and that also includes creating content and helping keep the forums active.

7. Shadow Bass

I would be interested in a Global or SuperMod position. Im pretty familiar with forums as far as the technical side goes as well, i own VBulletin software that ive never really used, just built a site this morning you can look at http://aquariumhobbyist.x10.mx/ just to kill some time :) im not married to it though lol, if i were appointed here, i will most likely take it down. Dont really need to try to be faithful to two forums. This is not spam by the way, you can delete all this conversation anytime you like.

If you are willing to place me as one of the above positions its a done deal, make the appointment :)

8. revhtree

revhtree New Member

Ok sounds good and I will be in touch in the next day or so. BTW here is a Saltwater Reef Aquarium forum that I own and run that is on VB. www.reef2reef.com

9. Shadow Bass

WoW !! impressive :)

10. Shadow Bass

Could a staff member here please delete this thread.

11. Shadow Bass

it seems there is no further interest in this discussion. Anyone who woud like is more than welcome at my new forum
    This is not intended as a troll, just lettin yu know where i will be :) Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
  12. Shadow Bass

:) disregard, ive taken an admin position with another large forum. Closed my site and am no longer available. Sorry was looking forward to helping out here, Just takes too long for someone to make up their mind and push a button. :)

13. revhtree

revhtree New Member

Did you miss the part where I said a day or two? Best of luck to you. ;)

14. skinz78

skinz78 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.