1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Is it just me or does the forum seem really slow lately?

Discussion in 'Site News / Feedback / Questions' started by California Cowgirl, Aug 1, 2009.

1. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl Thread Starter New Member

anybody else realize this?

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

slow as in the amount of people on?
    (usually the activity decreases on the weekends)

3. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl Thread Starter New Member

yea as far as activity, guess your right about being slow on weekends, and i guess it doesn't help that my 2 hours behind the majority of people on here, so maybe everyone must be on when im not

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

It's always pretty slow on the weekends. Mondays are the most active.

5. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

well for me i stop receiveing those e-mails saying a new person has commented on the same post u commented on for some reason =[ so also im building my pond =]

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Make sure you have Notifications@TheExoticFish.com in your address book so it doesn't go to spam and make sure you click "Subscribe Topic" to any topic you want to receive updates to. Anything you post to should automatically subscribe you to that topic.

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Building a pond...you should take photos and post them of the progress along the way ;)

8. JIM

JIM New Member

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:31 pm
    This site sems a little slow, i dont think thats too un-common, my site is dragging also, dont really know why.??? maybe because its gettin close to the holidays and everybody is out shopping. LOL

9. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:25 pm
    maybe because u made 10 threads!!!!!!!!!jk i think u just need a new comp

10. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Please topic search ;)
    I dunno, running fast for me?
    what isp do you have (I'm running verizon broadband dsl)?

11. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

I have no problem with the site... but then again I have a 20Mbps download speed with Comcast... So no site runs slow for me ever... :)

12. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

i was finished/not finished all i have to do is basically save up for some wood everything is up and running but not to stunning yet...... :)

13. cooltow1

cooltow1 Member

I sure it will be stunning

Rick

14. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Well then we need photos! And a step by step diy wouldn't hurt to go with them ;) :)

15. LemonDiscus

I wish this board would go back to its old glory... its like 4-5 of us that post regularly... Good info on here but not many users "using" the site...

16. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I know, when I check up on it at night I see various users online...none of which have contributed anything or had anything to say/comment?

17. LemonDiscus

Nope! I have noticed that its thay way in the day hours too... almost always 4-6 online but no usage... Maybe 1 thread comment a day from one of those 6

18. cooltow1

cooltow1 Member

It not to unusual for traffic to run in cycles
    I post here and at the two largest goldfish forums in the USA
    The grandmother of goldfish forums has 9000 member, 900,000 total post and had 62 member online at 7:00 am ET this morning, but it's a really hard forum to post on, many areas of the forum are locked till you post count reaches 200 and can become bogged down in chit chat as people try to incease there post count

The other forum is much smaller omly 2200 member and 250,000 post this Board is had 6 member on. There like here is a rich souce of information about aquariums in general they have one of the best libraries on the internet when it comes to aquarium care and it is kept up to date( no dead links)

So how do we drive traffic to the site? good question one would be to X link with other sites

Aquarank? that only work if you have member willing to go there and vote

So in the mean time just wait it out and be friendly

Rick

19. LemonDiscus

True! Good point... I also contribute some on another site... I mostly read though... it gets hundreds of posts a day...

It has 15,979 members on it and usually 20-40 on at any given point in time. At least 5-10 are "power posters" although those are your most knowledgeable on the board! Very little chit chat from them... just info and the occasional question they make...

20. cooltow1

cooltow1 Member

It seems(sp) to me that forum that specialize in a specie have a higher traffic count and more active users that general aquarium sites do. If you own a domain name like Aquariumfish.com your going to get a lot of hits from the search engines most will be beginners or people with a problem. you may never see these people again once the problem is fixed, but people with a nich in the hobby are more likely to post at a forum that cover that nich be it Discus, Planted aquariums, or Goldfish there are about 4 or 5 english speaking goldfish forums in the world {2 in the US 2 in Singapore) that have about 80% of the traffic

Rick