1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

leopard shark?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anonymous, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Guys, thanks for all the advice on the octopus.Well I guess i will hold off on a octopus tank for now, because knowing it may die from a natural death soon after i get it, I will feel like it was my fault with water conditon or something I think is wrong but really isnt. I Guess i am saying" id be paranoid I did something wrong... Ill get one one day,when i do a little more homework on the specie....This tank I was thinking about getting a octopus has nothing in it. Its a 220 gallon salt tank that has already been cycled. Im thinking if I should make it a 1 shark tank. Has anyone heard if the leopard shark came off the endangered list? I had nurses and bamboos in the past and they are cool. but they hardly ever move unless your feeding them. Years back i used to see leopard sharks in the petstores but as soon as I got into saltwater, they were put on the list. Or does any one else have any suggestions on sharks ? Besides a black tip reef shark, they are like 2000-3000 bucks.....that would break the bank :eek:
    Leopard%20Shark%202.jpg

2. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

let me confirm" a leopard sharkthat is under 3 feet on arrival

3. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

not to mention a black tip reef shark would not only break the bank, but also break the tank. Yea either shark might work in the 220 for a while, but what are you going to do once it gets up around the 4+ foot mark. Even for a leopard shark, the minimum tank size is 400gal.

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

When my nurse shark got too big for the tank, I actually had to trade it in for a credit at a store, I could've upgraded the tank whick Im planning on doing eventually, but if I can get a leopard shark , he would be fine for a little while untile I set up a monster tank. Its funny how our brain works in this hobby.....I thought 220 was it for me, but once you set it up, you always want bigger bigger bigger..........Im sure 3 quarters of my house will be a fish tank one day. :)

5. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

I totally hear ya on that one. I started with a 20gal freshwater. Now I have a 55gal freshwater, a 10 gallon mini freshwater, 10 gallon nano saltwater, buying a new 55gallon this weekend for freshwater, and once taxes come back, my girlfriend and I are buying a large tank for saltwater. We were originally looking at a 75 gal for that...but now we're thinking more in the 200gal range lol

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

How about the Cat Shark ?

7. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

It is a VERY addicting hobby to have...

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

the cat shark is just as motionless as a nurse, cool looking but looking for more activity.

9. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Oh okay. I thought they were more active.

10. gangstafish

gangstafish Member

Try a Smoothhound shark.

11. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

wow imagine the water changes well if you live near me we go fishing for leapord sharks we would pan/deep fry it and delicious

p.s. a dead shark smells so bad its not even funny

12. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I thought a leapord shark would need 400 min but when it grows 1200
    I'am getting back in after couple years setting up custom built 300g with 75g refugium and I know what your saying I'am already thinking about how to upgrade and were it would go

13. DanBruv

DanBruv New Member

wow lol nice shark :D

14. combatdat

combatdat New Member

That is one pretty shark, i wish there were 'mini' like the great sharks, i'd sell the wife to have a tank full of mini hammerheads!

15. gangstafish

gangstafish Member

don't get that shark. The minimum tank size for that shark is a THOUSAND gallons. They need room and swim more than Nurse sharks. Oh yeah what kind of filtration do you have on that little 220? Remember a salt water tank has to be turned over 10 times an hour. More if you have a shark.