1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Looking for hydor koralia water pump reviews

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by lostanime, Dec 5, 2008.

1. lostanime

lostanime Thread Starter New Member

Koralia (Hydor) water pump experience? Also high flow pumps?
    Positives/negatives/overall opinions on Hydor/Koralia?

I know they are a bit on the budget friendly (a la "cheap") spectrum but I'm having trouble finding unbiased reviews (almost every review I've found that claims past experience with pumps have only used impeller style powerheads/pumps intended to move water from/to things, not propeller style general circulation pumps such as these)

Also - I'm about fed up with a quiet1 3000 pump I picked up for the fuge a couple months back... despite being advertised at 800gph, it wont hit even half the flow I'm getting out of each of our mag-drives rated for 1200gph and it's annoyingly loud (kinda ironic considering "quiet" is in it's name!) I'm considering trashing all 4 pumps and putting a 3000gph+ pump into a manifold to control flow to 2 main tank returns, fuge return, and skimmer so i can minimize heat, electrical usage, and wasted space in sump. Any ideas/feedback appreciated!
    koralia.jpg

2. lostanime

lostanime Thread Starter New Member

Re: Koralia (Hydor) water pump experience? Also high flow pumps?

oops i thought i clicked product reviews... sorry for the stray post :eek:

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Re: Koralia (Hydor) water pump experience? Also high flow pumps?

I use a Koralia powerhead in my tank and I'm happy with it. I've been using it for about 4 months. It's been running full time and hasn't needed to be cleaned. My only problem is that I wish I purchased a stronger one, but that's not the powerheads fault. :)

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=15955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/p ... atid=15955</a>
    click the testimonials tab and you'll find a few