1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

My baby Purp

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anonymous, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Here is a pic of my baby, Purp! I love him to bits! His fins are blowed right now. So I am putting 2 pics of him, one where his fins are normal and then his fins now. He is a Super Delta.
    th_WonderingPurp.jpg purp45645.jpg

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Nice. I wasn't aware that their fins changed.

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks! And the reason his fins changed is because of poor water quality. My boyfriend's parents didn't change my fish's water the whole time we were gone, and that was for about a few weeks and I came back and his fins looked horrible. I've been trying to nurse him back to health by doing more water changes and adding salt and a med that I was recommended to get, but he still looks horrible. If he is still alive by the time we move out, I should have more time to work on getting his fins back to normal. He is getting older now, so there's no telling.!

4. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

looks real good, good luck getting him back to normal

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Pick up some Melafix. It will speed up the growth rate of his fins.

6. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I've got some Melafix and dosed him with it before I got this stuff I got. From what I understand Melafix isn't good for labriynth fish. Something about it messes with the organ that lets them breathe. I used it with no problems. But I don't use a full dose like it calls for like most people that had bad experinces either. It didn't seem to work so a Betta breeser sent me a half a pound of Jungle Fungus Eliminator and I'm still not having very good results. He is fine and all, but I don't want a big infection. I am going to see if more water changes will help.

And thanks!

7. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I've never heard that before. I've used it at full dosage with a betta, along with Pimafix and never had any issues.

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Hey Kayla :)

9. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Hey Julie!!! :D

And yea, I haven't had any problems with it either, but neither one of the meds I used helped. So I am going to up his WCs so maybe it will help! :D

10. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

The water changes will help, it may just take some time.

11. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Well sadly enough, he passed away yesterday. :( I guess I won't be able to breed him after all! And I doubt that I will find another one like him because I have already been looking for another one just in case he got too old or something and died before I could get him a female. He died because it got down to 28 degrees that night. I don't really know how he froze because he had a heater unless the heater wasn't working. All the others heaters were working fine, and their water was warm. But sadly for Purp, his wasn't. I guess the next male I will get will be off of Aquabid. Hopefully I can find one on there that doesn't have a lot of red wash on him, but I doubt it because that is all I find. RIP Purp.

12. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I'm sorry you lost him.
    I've noticed my heater has been coming on in the evening and it usually never comes on until late at night because my lighting heats the water.

I'm not sure what color you're looking for but I saw some pretty nice ones on there yesterday.

13. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks. And I am just looking for something close to what he looked like. A purple butterfly is what I would like to have, because that's what he was. The whole time I had Purp I was always looking on AB for fish, but I have yet to see any on there like him. I haven't checked in a week or so, so Ima head over there and see what I can find.

14. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I didn't see any similar to him when I looked. These guys always catch my eye.
    awww.aquabid.com_uploads_fwbettasct1227044124.jpg

15. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I am seeing some that are similar to him, but they are short bodied. They were in the HM category so I am guessing the people didn't see the HMPK category on there. There's 2 of them for $30. I would LOVE to have them, but their heads look really bad. I am looking for a good breeder and I don't want the babies to have bad heads. I'll find the link for it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettashm&1227636010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/ ... 1227636010</a>

I haven't made it to the CTs yet lol.

16. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

That guy does have an ugly face. :)

17. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

LOL! Yea, poor thing. Looked like he had a hump on his head... his is different than most of them I have seen. Most of them that have the funny heads are called spoon heads, which I have had some but it was pet only. I found one that is gorgeous!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettashmp&1227335152" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/ ... 1227335152</a>

18. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Yep, he's pretty.

19. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I found a great deal on some purple CT females. You get 5 of them for $10.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettasct&1227282602" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/ ... 1227282602</a>

If they still have some of those by the time I get paid, some of them are mine!!! LOL! I thought it was a really great deal.