1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

my introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by hersheykses, Jul 19, 2010.

1. hersheykses

hersheykses Thread Starter New Member

hello everyone, just a little introduction my name is michelle also known as hersheykses i've joined to get info and learn new things about becoming a fish enthusiast. well it was actually my 10 year old sons idea he is into animals. so we both decided to do something that we can do together so we are going to build a cichlid tank right now we are looking in to african cichlids. so far its only been 2 weeks so we are still learning things so any advice or ideas i welcome :D thanks!

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to The Exotic Fish.

Have you decided on your tank size yet or do you currently have the tank ?

3. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Welcome to you and your son. You'll both be great in this hobby due to checking it out before buying or deciding anything. Let us know the tank set up and how you're cycling the tank. It will help down the line if you should have any problems.

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

welcome to the forum Michelle, we're very family friendly so the kiddo will be safe on here too!
    As Anthony asked, what size tank are you planning on? Then we can give ya a hand once the tank size has been selected!
    (Ie. Heater, Thermometer, Filter, Lighting, Substrate, Stand...blah blah blah).

It may seem like a lot, but believe me once you pass the cycling process and get some good ACCURATE information from the peeps on here you'll be in tip top shape (not like when I first started into the hobby....back when I was a teenager...no internet & no idea about a majority of the things I've learned up to this point)

5. steves_kiki

steves_kiki New Member

Welcome! I'm sure you will add more fish tanks. They are so peaceful!
    Kin

6. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Welcome! This is a great place to learn about fish keeping! Lots of experience in this forum!!!

7. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome

8. nossie

nossie Member

Welcome! :) Hope you'll enjoy the forum :D