1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

My Old Saltwater Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anthony, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

I was looking through my pictures on my computer and came across this picture of my 10 gallon saltwater tank. It's horrible quality because I took it with a camera phone.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

is that a tomato clown and green chromis? How well did your clown host in the anemone?

3. Anthony

Correct. There's a damsel in there somewhere too and several crabs and a hawkfish.

I had the tomato clown for about 3 days before I got the anemone. I think it took him almost a week before he finally started hanging out in it. When he did I was really excited because I read that they don't always interact.

4. Leslie

Leslie New Member

wow!! that is a 10 gal. it looks big. Now i am back to wanting one agian. very pretty

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I currently have a 12 gallon with about 15 different species of corals. I bought my clarkii, his name is sunny, and the anemone at the same time. I even had them bagged together to encourage him to host. He did the first day he was in the tank, but now he doesn't! He's best friends with my false perc clownfish. That, and the anemone won't hold still! I have a condy and a haitian pink tip. Do you still have the tank? I also have a fiji blue damsel, and a yellow tail

6. Anthony

Thanks. Yeah it does look pretty big in the picture.
    No, I don't have it anymore. I think I might set up a new one soon though.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

here is mine. Since your on here btw, how do i go about trying to get that paypal cash? Saltwater isn't cheap!
    01010001150001040720080728c49d4b6a8f81fa478900db28.jpg fish_tank_007copy.jpg fish_tank_089_copy1.jpg

8. Anthony

Nice pictures.

Each month one active member wins the prize. They're randomly selected at the end of the month. I have a little program that I enter everyone that has been active on the forum and it chooses on. Just keep posting during the month and you'll be entered into the contest, it's that simple.

You're right, saltwater is pretty expensive!

9. caronsd

caronsd New Member

This really really makes me want to set up a 10 gal nano....

10. Anthony

There's this disease that is common to aquarists, it's called MTS. Multiple Tank Syndrome. :)

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Anthony what light did you use on your salt water tank, and would the one you suggested to me the other day work for salt?

12. gangstafish

gangstafish Member

Nice tanks everyone. Nice Fiji Tomato Anthony. A friend of mine has a mated pair. His are mean.

13. Anthony

I had a simple 10k florescent and another type of florescent. I hadn't upgraded it yet at that point. If you're not going to keep inverts or coral then yes, the one I suggested would work.

14. Dox13

Dox13 Member

Beautiful tanks and fish. How much trouble and expensive is it to have a 10 gal saltwater tank . Is it alot of work keeping it balanced, etc.?

15. Anthony

Thanks. The most expense seems to be the fish (from what I remember), although saltwater products are expensive.

Keeping smaller saltwater tanks balanced is much harder than with larger tanks. Water parameters can change very quickly if something goes wrong.

16. Dox13

Dox13 Member

Thanks for the info. I guess I won'tbe trying a Saltwater tank then.

17. KSul0132

KSul0132 New Member

how do you post pics thanks

18. Dox13

Dox13 Member

I used Photobucket and copied the IMG and then pasted it in the Photo section and when I hit submit the picture was posted.