1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Near Pittsburgh Pa

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Deerfarmer, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Deerfarmer

Deerfarmer Thread Starter New Member

Hi.
    I own a Deer Farm Near Pittsburgh and have Different types of Birds,Poultry,and Waterfowl.We also raise rabbits.
    I am a mother with Two kids and we like every kind of animal or reptile- bird or fish.
    I also have Pit bulls and a Chinese Crested.
    I have owned just about everything from a Camain to a Skunk...I am interested in everything!
    I have a gar in a 55 Gallon
    I have a 75 set up with Mollies,Platies,Swordtails and Guppies.
    View here--> Do Plants Make Your Aquarium Healthier?

And I have a 125 Acrylic with an 20 inch Redtail Catfish he has a Convict Cichlid that is his buddy for now.~I have only had the Redtail and friend for a few days now I think the redtail is under fed if anybody want to give input!!~

I am Building an indoor pond for him.

I have a 400gallon... Not Set Up at this time.I Lost Thousands of dollars worth of fish Due to my Stupidity~ buying feeder fish from a Pet Store. All were Large...Tiger Shovelnose, Sleeper Goby,Fire Eel,Knifefish, and a St.Johns Bay Stingray.

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Hello Deerfarmer and welcome to THE EXOTIC FISH forum: our friendly & family oriented forum that focuses in on the proper care of wet pets.

;) We are glad that you have found us and can only hope that you make yourself feel right at home with the rest of us.

[icon_question.gif] If you find yourself needing HELP at any point and time please feel free to contact:
    -> myself - Mod_Dawn
    -> our site owner- Anthony
    ...and we’d be glad to assist you in any way that we can.

[*]To get started I suggest you first create your Profile

-> Please note that your avatar should be no larger than 120x120 pixels and any photo/photos that you post to the forum will need to be below 400kb.

[*]Afterwards, you can follow the link below to our Photography / Video section and post your own photos / videos if you have any readily available!
    Aquarium Photos - Show off your Tank Forum

[*] Finally, you can browse through the topics and add your own experiences or thoughts & even post your own unique topic!

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

So Cool! I'm not far from ya, I'm in Mckeesport

I have 2 kiddos too, and over time we've kept some various pets and animals too. Right now we've got 3 chinchillas, 2 english bullldogs, a papillon, and a senior citizen mini doxie...then there's the fish tanks of course (20L and 90g planted discus community setup).

Man that really bites! Sad to say, but that's a bitter lesson learned.
    Amazed you haven't raised your own feeders (off the livebearers that is)...I'm sure with a 75g full of them you probably get over=run with fry rather quickly :)

4. Deerfarmer

Deerfarmer Thread Starter New Member

Thanks for the Welcome.
    Yeah... I didn't have my little guy yet...I have PLENTY NOW....LOL... !!
    I was always just into big~ cost a fortune to feed~ eat live things type fish.
    I didn't add the little fish till just recently :)
    Chinchilla's are cool...I have always wanted an English Bulldog...But I was a K-9 Narcotic,Search and Rescue, and Explosive detection Handler/trainer Till just recently.

You are invited to come see the Deer this Spring or Summer if you wanna bring your kids

5. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Why thank you,
    the all white one on your for sale page is a ADORABLE!