1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

need help with odyssea brand light

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Anonymous, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Hood Help
    I just got a used Odyssea Hood in the mail today, it did not come with instructions so I need some help! First, how do you install the legs onto the light and do you have to use them, second question is that there appears to be two bulbs (they appear to be connected) in the light, however, only one powers up and emits light, is this normal or do I need to replace the bulbs?

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I'm not familiar with that particular light but the legs should slide on from each end and a little screw put in the bottom of each leg. Also, as for the light is it a 4 pin ? My Current USA lighting setup has 2 bulbs that are connected. One is an actinic and one is something else. If one is burned out you'll have to replace the whole thing.

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

<a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290249124844&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=019" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=019</a>

See if that helps at all in the mean time I am going to try and get some pictures.

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

It looks like those pins on the side screw in and out to adjust to the tank, I think.

As far as the bulb if half is out you'll just need to replace the whole thing.

Some close ups of the leg area would be great.

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

ok apparently I broke my camera on my blackberry so I cant get any pics up right now. I can describe it though: on the front and back of the light there are slots where the leg look like they slip into via a clip, what i am wondering is if I put one in the front and one in the back or what.

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Without ever seeing one up close I really can't help much.

Maybe someone else has experience with this brand.

7. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

should be either 4 legs each cornoer or 2 legs one each side it looks to be a 4 pin and is 1/2 the light doesnt come on need to replace the bulb

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

legs are on but theres no way i can clamp them onto the tank with the glass cover I have on there now. As for the light bulb, it looks as if both are on and one burns "white" and the other "blue".

9. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

One being white and one blue is normal. That's how my setup is.

10. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Do I have to use the legs? I dont feel as if they are very sturdy just sitting on top of the tank, if my dog were to bump into it while I was away it could fall and burn the place down. If I do need to use them is do they sell replacements or upgrades that anyone knows about?

11. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

the white light is daylight bulb...most likely 10,000k and the blue one is the true actinic light for the blue spectrum of the sun.
    as far as the legs go you don't really need them...you can either lay them on your "glass canopy" or take off the canopy and use the legs, as long as they are tightened the right way they will not fall into the tank.
    i'm not sure if you can see the lights on my tank from the pic i posted but i have no canopy, the legs are on one of my fixtures then the other fixture is laying against the other...my kids have jump, bumped, and smacked my tank and the lights have never fell.

12. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks guys, again another a+ for the advice! And this light really accentuates the fishes color!

13. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

You know what that means right ? Time for new pictures! (Was it you who said your camera broke?)

14. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

The camera on my blackberry broke, but I have a Olympus 790 that i need to just put into the tank and get some underwater shots for you guys! I will whip it out and take a few but its a process getting them onto this new laptop and the old one is so slow, but ill post some asap!

15. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Ohh, fancy aren't you ? LoL Underwater shots of your tank would be really cool. I've never seen anyone do that before.

16. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

me neither, keep us updated...