1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

New here...from Raleigh, NC

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sweet Love, May 17, 2009.

1. Sweet Love

Sweet Love Thread Starter New Member

Hey everyone,

My name is Chris and I am new to the forums. I currently do not have any tanks, but am looking (and excited) to get back into the hobby. In HS I bred various SA Cichlids and had other "oddities" (gars, half beaks, river trout, electric eels).

I have three little ones now (the waking kind (not swimming) and they are interested in the hobby too, so I am looking to set up a couple of tanks so they can learn and have fun (one will be for "pops" though).

I am excited to be on the board and will be certain to ask "technology" questions as I scour Craigslist for some good, used equipment.

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to the forum Chris. Feel free to ask us anything. :D

I lived in NC for many years, Zebulon to be exact.

3. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Welcome to The Exotic Fish Forum Chris!

:D Please make yourself feel right at home sharing and learning with the rest of us, we're definitely a friendly bunch!

:confused: If you’re having trouble finding something or need help you can contact myself (Dawn), Anthony or Jake through pm and we'll gladly help you ;)

:D Also, if/when you get a chance be sure to post some photos/videos of your setup/setups.

-> The following link will lead you directly to our photo/video section Aquarium Photos - Show off your Tank Forum

5. Sweet Love

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Yep, Zebulon is not very far from me...when did you leave?

6. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Welcome Chris! My kids love "Daddys Tanks" I sometimes (when they are REALLY GOOD) let them feed them to! :D

7. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I moved about 4 years ago.

8. Sweet Love

Yeah, technically I have a tank I started for my 6 year old daughter with a couple of Sunburst platties and zebra danios, but I was scraed if I mentioned that, I would lose my "tank cred".

Saw a great tank on CL, but lost out to someone who picked it up from the seller at 6:30am...lol.

9. ira

ira Member

Welcome