1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

new here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by lizzy, May 9, 2014.

1. lizzy

lizzy Thread Starter New Member

hello have a tank of 75 gallons with swordtails plattys mollies and phantom tetras ratio of 1 male to 4 female is this a good setup

2. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

Hi lizzy and welcome. Your stock looks good. With your ratio of males to females, I sure hope your expecting a lot of fry, especially from the platys and mollies. Do you have any bottom feeders in your tank ?

3. lizzy

no i do not what do you think i shuld put in ? also how often should i feed them ? i do not see any expecting yet lol !

4. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

If your not wanting a lot of fry then you can do all males. See if where you got your fish will let you exchange the females for males. As far as bottom feeders go, it'll be what you like. I've got a mystery snail in my 10g, 2 albino bristle nose plecos in a 20g, 3 bristle nose plecos & 2 yo yo loaches & 13 kuhli loaches in a 55g, 2 common plecos & a rainbow shark in a 150g. I feed all my tanks once a day, just give them enough that'll get consumed in 2 - 3 minutes.

5. lizzy

thank you! not sure this is my first tank they told me my fish are all schooling fish so buy in 3 and 4 quanty so i did yes he will change them but wont they fight alot ? i also have put sprite plants in and they love them .