1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

New Plants

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anonymous, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

2. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Thank you Anthony!!! I owe you another one!
    The top picture is the Ozelot sword, the bottom one has the java fern on the left and the one on the right is the one I can't remember the name of. Ohh and my loach is in the front of the bottom picture I didn't even notice him in there when I took it.

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

No problem. :D

4. mujacko2002

mujacko2002 New Member

Mabuhay!

@lakemom
    wow, do you dose CO2 in your setups?

thanks for sharing

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

These are the first live plants I have ever had. Do I need to do Co2? I am still in the begining learning stages with trying to grow plants in the tank.

6. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

No you dont have to have CO2... it does help in highly planted aquariums or even with demanding plants. Of course adding CO2 will help your plants grow quicker and there are some DIY CO2 injectors. Some tanks like mine are just too big for the DIY injectors to work.

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Well mine is definetly not highly planted..lol. I am thinking that I might add a background thing to the back of the tank so that it doesn't seem so bare to me, but the fish seem much more active since I removed the odl fake plants that I had in there. And if the fish are happy I am happy!

8. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

how old is the tank the plants are in ? my plants i got after i had fish in the tank for 4 months and they grow like crazy just enough light and alot of fish poop and BAM

9. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I have had this tank set up with fish for well over 5 years, so I am sure there is plenty of poop in there for them, especially since for the last year or so I have only had one bottom feeder in there and he is a cory cat..lol.

10. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

am guessing its a regular 15 wat T8 bulb in a strip light that comes usually with the aquarium.
    If so plant your plants in the beam the light projects in the tank, should be like an upside down V and roughly 3-4 inches across on bottom of tank that has more light then the rest. There they should do fine just when cleaning dont disturb the area around the plant say about 2inches all the way around.

11. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Great, I planted then right in the center since I don't have anything else, and I didn't want it to be soo bare. They are already in the right spot! I finally did something right..lol.