1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

New to Site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by caronsd, Jul 21, 2008.

1. caronsd

caronsd Thread Starter New Member

Hello everyone,

Just saw the add on Craigslist and figured I'd check it out. I just recently got a 55 gallon fresh water tank and currently have 5 Danios, 8 barbs, 3 Bala Sharks, and 2 Mollies, looking to expand soon. Locating in Maine, if you have any advice let me know. Not sure how the site works so if you want to explain any rules or have any info for me Anthony that would be great, thanks.

Steve

2. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

Hey Steve! Glad you joined us at The Exotic Fish.

There aren't any written rules here, just common sense rules. IE Be respectful to everyone here :D

That's a pretty large tank for those fish. Do you plan on putting new fish in the larger tank?

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome Steve.

YellowCichlid is right, just be nice to everyone and everything will be fine :D

4. caronsd

caronsd Thread Starter New Member

Definitely plan on putting more fish in the tank, i'd like them to breed some to populate the tank, believe it or not I have 2 barbs that look pregnant and I've been researching them and they are definitly showing breeding behavior. Both pregos have been hiding inside a castle i have inside the tank on a daily basis. I also made the noob mistake of thinking i had a plant growing out of my rocks near one of my newly planted bulbs but apparently it was a danio egg :( from what i've been told by the pet store. I'll get pictures soon i promise. I love seeing everyones amazing tanks hopefully i'll be there eventually.

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Congrats on the pregnant fish! I'm sure we'd all love to see pictures.

6. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

gratz and welcome