1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

New to site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jeff W, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Jeff W

Jeff W Thread Starter New Member

My name is Jeff. I have been working with fish for about 44 years. Started when I was 10. Had a good teacher from my home town Don the owner of our mom and pop LFS. I started a new fish room about 4 years ago. Mostly Africans. I am running 40 tanks from 10 gal. to 125 gal. It seems to grow every week. My favorites are featherfins and sandsifters. I raise and breed all my fish. I am the president of the Green Bay Aquarium Society (Green Bay Wisconsin) and a member of the Iowa Aquaria Association. Very active on alot of forums and hope to learn a few more tricks from people here.

Thanks for the Welcome

Jeff

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Hello Jeff and welcome to THE EXOTIC FISH forum: our friendly & family oriented forum that focuses in on the proper care of wet pets.

;) We are glad that you have found us and can only hope that you make yourself feel right at home with the rest of us.

[icon_question.gif] If you find yourself needing HELP at any point and time please feel free to contact:
    -> myself - Mod_Dawn
    -> our site owner- Anthony
    ...and we’d be glad to assist you in any way that we can.

Ps. do you have all the tanks set up on a auto fill/auto drain system?

3. Alleycat

Alleycat Member

Welcome Jeff !!
    I see ya get around :)

The Similis I got from you at the ACA in Milwaukee last summer gave me a nice batch of Christmas fry last night. Ho ho ho ...

:D

Welcome to the site

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to the forum Jeff.

5. Jeff W

Jeff W Thread Starter New Member

Glad to here you like them. I guess i know a couple of people on here.

I don't have it set up automatically yet. I do every thing by hand. I have some plans I want to work with but I am working on all the electrical and air system first. it is all in place but i am just trying to improve on it. I will post pictures in a few days after things in the house settles down from Christmas. You know you have to put everything together for the kids while they stand over your shoulder telling you to do it this way or that. Thank god i have alot of patience and a couple extra rolls of duct tape and a clear closet. LOL My son means the world to me and I spoil him rotten.

Merry Christmas Everyone
    Jeff

6. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome.