1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

OK maybe I should introduce myself

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GOT MTS?, Jan 30, 2009.

1. GOT MTS?

GOT MTS? Thread Starter Member

Hello all, my name is nick and Just joined yesterday. I am 28, married and have an 8 year old son. I moved to Charlotesville VA 4 months ago and have been trying to find a local fish club or forum. Fish club would be nice because I like to trade extra stuff and make friends in the real world but forums are nice too.

So I don't have anything running yet but here is what I am setting up. All are fresh water planted tanks

High tech 40 gallon tank with 3.9 watt per gallon t5 lights, ehiem canister filter, pressurized co2 fert, home made substrate mix (florite, earth worm castings, top soil and or clay, and topped with fine crushed lava rock), moon lights and back lighting.

10 gallon tank with 4 watt per gallon PC lights, DIY jello yeast co2, home made substrate, and either a simple hang on tank filter or one of those Zoo meds 501 mini canister filter.

low light 4 gallon nano tank with 3 watt per gallon PC light, hang on filter and florite substrate. this tanks really cool because it fits in my computer hutch.

My favorite fish are: angels, blood fin tetra, cardinal tetras, spotted corys, SAEs, tiger loachs, guppies, platties, bettas, and american flag fish. Also love cherry red shrimp

I am way into DIY and trading/buying used equip. and supplies. I usally wind up buying package deals on craigs list and then re-sell what I don't need so l'll be posting on the trading post real soon.

Well thats all for now....

Oh one last thing. I haven't made any friends in town yet do to the fact that I don't work or go to school, so if any one in charlottesville wants a friend to talk aquariums with over a few beers just PM me (I aint shy. A wierdo maybe lol, but not shy)

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

welcome nick!
    Be sure to post some photos of those planted setups once you get them up and running :)

3. GOT MTS?

of coarse! you be sick of all my pictures soon enough:)

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

nah! never sick of the photos...planted tank myself. Always looking to change this or that or do something different.

5. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Same for me,, I love to watch a planted tank,, dont mind if the're pictures :)

6. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Welcome and thank you for the introduction!

I have now 2 planted tanks.... so I like seeing what others have too!!

I have more of a "Green Hand" now (what happens when you put your hand in an algae infested tank)! I am better at keeping the livestock than the plants. It may be green but it is quite healthy.... hopefully this weekend it will be better though as I am breaking it down, moving it and cleaning it... also painting the back, turning it around to hide the scratches that formed cause of my magfloat etc...

7. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome Nick.

Think you could do a little writeup on the jello cO2 in the DIY section ? I've never seen/heard of that.

8. GOT MTS?

sure no problem

9. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Great. Depending on it's effectiveness it may be something I'd be interested in trying.