1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

OMG! GROSS!

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by steves_kiki, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steves_kiki

steves_kiki Thread Starter New Member

OMG! GROSS!

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:58 am

Ok, so I just checked richmond, va craigslist and saw a 55 gallon tank for sale for $200! Ok...I went to look at the pics....it had a large albino oscar in a 1/2 full tank with tons of dead, decaying fish and the water....eww you couldn't barely see the fish! Why do people get animals if they don't care about them!?! I am on my cell and can't post pics, but if you can do a search... check it out... its so sad! If I had $200 id take the poor thing! Below is the ad I copy and pasted :(
    Kin

55 Gallon Fish tank EVERYTHING INCLUDED - $200 (colonial heights VA) Date: 2010-07-09, 11:12PM EDT Reply to: sale-a72ea-1834989086@craigslist.org [ Errors when replying to ads?] 55 gallon fish tank with accessories and stand included asking 200 obo comes with a large Oscar that is already trained to eat small fish for its feed and also a large Placo fish. Picture pretty much explains it all. Please call me at 804-931-6266 or 804- 931-6267 ask for Dennis thank you. Location: colonial heights VA

2. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

I seen that ad hear in Richmond and I thought the same thing. If I only had the $200

3. nossie

nossie Member

Horrible!! Poor fish :C

4. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

here's a link to the ad...that oscar and pleco is suffering big time !!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://richmond.craigslist.org/for/1834989086.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://richmond.craigslist.org/for/1834989086.html</a>

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

wow, that's disgusting!!
    Someone needs to be armed with some knowledge regarding fish care & upkeep.

6. nossie

nossie Member

How in the world could not a common human being figure out that dead fish are supposed to be removed from the tank asap? OR that it should be kept filled with water... OR that the water isn't supposed to look like milk. I'm getting so stressed! D:<

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

could be mental? that'd be 1 theory. lol.

8. nossie

nossie Member

Hah! Or he might just be another one of those lazy people that couldn't care less about fish. I mean, come on, how many people actually care? Most of them just buy a new fish after flushing the old one in the toilet. Fish must be the most underrated pets in the world. I think they're also among the most abused ones o_o There are too many people who think that the only thing a fish needs is water in a tank. Nothing about space, filtration... or their environmental needs!!

9. ricksreef

ricksreef New Member

Maybe he is going for the whole dead theme with that skull! Others go to great extremes!

[​IMG]

10. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

extreme! He's just cleaning that's all.

11. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

now that's just twisted to me! I mean I'm used to seeing people inside the zoo's HUGE aquarium, but not in home tanks swimming about. Lol

Ps. looks like he's getting algae in his sand (front right) :)

Missed a spot matey [icon_razz.gif]

12. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

he needs the company of a couple of lionfish in there with him!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.