1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Opening a LFS/cleaning business

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by WhiteGloveAquatics, Aug 25, 2010.

1. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics Thread Starter New Member

Ok, so My old man and myself are in cohorts on a new business venture.
    We will be opening a store front PLUS have maint/design aspect as well. Store idea
    STRICTLY SALT AND FRESH WATER fish and plants(corals ect included) nothing but fish and fish accessories(in the infamous hank hill voice).
    I got the equipment and stuff taken care of. We are wanting ideally to bring in fish from private breeders such as most of us are either by chance or by will. The idea is to get YOUR fish out into the market. I will ask this on many forums I am on but I personally think after knowing how hard it is to get your fish in a store and recoup any monetary pieces from that.

We ideally would be giving YOU the opportunity to send your fish to us AFTER payment arrangements are made(paypal,MO ect paid in full or atleast 50% of value of livestock that still depends on cost of set up) so your fish will get out there, No mixing of fish as we plan to have atleast 100 tanks for FW and the same for salt if not less pending what I can get marine livestock wise if there are no private breeders.

Just post your user name in the comment post you will make and list your PROVEN breeding stock and I will PM to go from there on pricing.

Dawn, I hope you kept my return address cause I want to sell a few of your discus out in the chicago market.

Also if you have local fish clubs or whatever you are involved in, send me their info and I will send a formal letter to the president to bring to the table and vote on and then introduce it to the club members. This is OUR hobby, not the money moguls hobby.
    I think its time to give back to hobbyists what they have given to the hobby.

Thank you
    Ray Jr
    White Glove Aquatics.

2. WhiteGloveAquatics

No one?

I guess Ill move onto the next then.

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Sorry Ray, didn't keep the addy..but do know how to get ahold of ya (fb or forum msg).
    I'll let ya know once I get some of size :)

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

So let me make sure I'm understanding because it's late and I'm tired.

You want to purchase breeding pairs of fish to get your business started. Is that correct ?

If that is the case I can offer you a few Endler's and some of the Pearl Swordtails I have.

5. WhiteGloveAquatics

Eventually, Id rather sell the offspring first so basically ship your grown out fry and get paid. I dont have any more space after this morning for more tanks. So im seeing what people have and making a list. We will have over 100 tanks of freshwater set up.

6. James0816

James0816 New Member

Only Oto's and shrimp here. Almost out of Oto's at the moment though.

7. WhiteGloveAquatics

thats OK, are you capable of shipping during the dead of winter?

Oto's and Shrimps are very hard to fish to find privately or hobby bred. James closer to time I will be in touch, I know I can get ahold of you in multiple places.

8. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

can't be of any help here...sorry, we've only got one female and if we were to breed her again with any of the males we have, the fry would be hybrids.

9. WhiteGloveAquatics

Hybrids are fine, Hybrids are a link in the chain of evolution or in the blood parrots case, Dr. Frankensteinism.

10. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

LOL !! most people i come in contact with either in person or in fourms when dealing with africans they don't care for or dislike hybrids. the only female that we know for sure that we have is a an african (metriaclima greshakei). our 3 oscars must be the same sex, their all 12 + in and has shown no signs of breeding. if we do end up with a breeding pair of oscars i'll be sure to get a hold of your because i would have no way of getting a home for few hundred oscar fry.

11. WhiteGloveAquatics

That works, I personally dont like them however, with africans the congo itself is a hybrid hotbed. They are fish, look at all these hybrid dogs and birds and cats ect people keep for pets. Id sell em cheaper but fish are fish and the popularity of blood parrots hybridized africans should be a huge step up.

12. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

I've got some Tiger Endler's you could buy some of them from me if you want.
    (I may be purchasing some more from AdrianHD for a refresh in my gene pool. They are starting to become "yellow and White Jackets".)
    I also have Triops eggs, if you wanna sell bags of them.

In a few months I'll likely have some plants to sell, Micro Sword, Java Moss, Anacharis, and Narrow Leaf Chain Sword.

But thats all I have in the way of anything worth selling.
    I could sell that Marble Cray to you and you could sell her offspring as feeders or something. That is providing that the Bio Teacher doesn't want it ...