1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Plants/Lighting Sticky

Discussion in 'Site News / Feedback / Questions' started by Anthony, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

I'm thinking that I (we) should start a sticky that will include a lot of the commonly available plants and their lighting requirements and possibly other requirements for that specific plant.

Thoughts ?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

good idea!

3. GOT MTS?

GOT MTS? Member

Not to be a wet blanket but couldn't any one interested just buy or burrow a book for that kind of thing. I have a great book I got for 12 bucks on amazon. It has 4 different lists for plants: very bright, bright , moderate, undemanding or shaded.

BTW what is a sticky?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

A book is an awesome place to do extended research on specific species. Not everyone can go buy a 12 dollar book off amazon to read. One could also google low light plants, but a sticky with this information would be a good way for someone with little to no knowledge of plants to start their research and gather ideas about plants in a manner that is not so overwhelming or difficult to locate.

5. Anthony

A sticky is just a topic on the forum that stays at the top of the list so everyone can see it.

6. Anthony

I started this so if anyone thinks something should be modified please let me know. Also feel free to add to the plant list in this thread so I can place them in alphabetical order.

7. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

The one thing I think it is missing is the water parameters the plants prefer. (Temp / PH) that with the lighting that you have.

8. Anthony

Yeah I'm planning on adding that also. :D

9. Anthony

Got the temp, pH and kH added for the plants I have listed so far.

10. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Sweet thanks.... It actually REALLY matters to me with my awkward water parameters.

11. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.