1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

possible contamination?

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plants & Planted Tanks' started by Anonymous, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

if i added a plant would i have to take the fish out of anything because i would have to stick my hand down in there and would my hand contaminate the water? just curious. i just dont want to kill my fish like in the past lol im trying to do everything correct ;)

2. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

If you washed your hands really really really did I say really good then it has to be fine. There's one thing though I dont know what kind of food you use for your plants (maybe some sorty of gravel layer) or little ball kind of thingies like I do.

If you use the ball thingies you'd have to take the fish out and possibly most of the water they can leave some nasty traces over the water and I dont know how that will affect the fish.

If you use an extra layer the fish would be fine though they might get scared and swim away really fast :) Be carefull not to stress em out with that.

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

First off, just wash and Rinse your hands prior (RINSE very well) with some antibacterial soap if your worried about contamination.

Next, for the plant you can either stick it in your substrate(If you have any)...or you can get potted plants that you can just "set" in there. Fake ones work too, although they do have a higher tendancy to get algae on them.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

:) ight thank you

5. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Your welcome ;)

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

No problemo!