1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Pyrrhulina spilota...anyone kept these?

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by HBIC, Jan 16, 2013.

1. HBIC

HBIC Thread Starter Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

An importer friend of mine got in her Peru shipment today and got these either by accident or contaminant and they are SO pretty even right out of the bag. They aren't real flashy but there is something about them. Anyway she knows nothing of their care and I am finding some care on the net I prefer first hand knowledge, so anyone kept these guys...I want them SO bad but have to know their care first.

2. Haley Wolter

Haley Wolter New Member

3. HBIC

The person I am considering getting them from has some general care ideas, now if the weather would cooperate for shipping :)

4. Philsy

Philsy Member

Rachel has an article about them on her site

5. HBIC

Rach is actually the person that I am planning to get them from, she told me though that her article is based on just general information for fish in the same area, it is not based on any personal experience. Was hoping I could find someone with personal experience.

6. Philsy

Philsy Member

It will be tough with such a rarely imported fish unless there is something on a European forum, they seem to get everything over there.

7. HBIC

I haven't really looked through any of those, any suggestions on a reliable one?