1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Question on tank that i will need to get in a year

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Forum' started by California Cowgirl, Mar 29, 2009.

1. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl Thread Starter New Member

Ok, so i hopefully will have a year to move my gsp into a 55 gallon, there isint roomm in the house for a normal 55 gall so i was looking at 55 gall cubes online, so i found this <a class="postlink" href="http://www.4fishtank.com/ov_cube.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.4fishtank.com/ov_cube.htm</a> site and the have a pretty much complete sw setup for a 55 gall cube for 982, it's a lot, but i would have a year to save up. Do you think it would be possible for my puffer to go in a cube when he's older or would i have to get the normal sized 55 gallon tank.

2. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Puffers as far as I know about them get pretty big. I dont think he'll do good in a cube :( But as far as I know (again) tanks are pretty cheap in amerca you could get a decent 55 gal for that amount of money. Maybe even second used.

I think it'd be best to try get as much room as possible and get a normal 55 :)

3. reefmanwannabe

reefmanwannabe New Member

Personaly that seems like a HOLE lot of money for a 55 ,even a cube , A friend of mine just sold one complete for $150 . When your ready to buy one look on Craigslist , I'll bet you could find what your looking for at a much more reasonable price then that .Or even try Ebay .

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I agree, that's way too much to pay for a 55 gallon tank. Generally depending on your area you can buy a 55 gallon tank new for about $100.00.

5. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

those are showtanks....if you want to spend that much on one i say go for it.....but you can get yourself a 75-100 gallon tank for about that price also.....also the cube is not a good home for bigger fish, they're ok small fish but i would go with a long tank myself....if space is the problem move some stuff around.....i just fit a 120 gallon and a 5 ft. skimmer in a 12x12 room with a long couch, love seat and entertainment center......all i did was lose my coffee table and a side table.

6. California Cowgirl

California Cowgirl Thread Starter New Member

ok, i guess when the time comes i will have to make my parents move some stuff around then :D