1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

questions regarding yeast

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Anonymous, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

OK I have been hearing a lot about brewer yeast is use to make yest water, and I was wondering what is the difference in brewers yeast and baking yeast?

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Re: Yeast (Questions & Advice)

From what I've read Baker's yeast is a live yeast used in baking and should be avoided for nutritional supplimentation and Brewers yeast is used in fermentation (Ie. spirits such as beer).

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

what do you mean by avoided for nutritional supplimentation, do you mean this should not be feed to filter feeders.

If that is the case what would be the best place to find brewers yeast and how much would it cost to get some?

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

As far as finding it in regards to the brewers yeast you can google it -shopping. Here's a quick link to a company that I have recently dealt with for other products. http://www.luckyvitamin.com/item/?i...2873&utm_campaign=googlebase&site=google_base

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

so should I try it with some brine shrimp to see if the grow?

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

1st what are you trying to "feed" this to?

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I was looking at feed it to brine shrimp to help keep them longer and may be even get a few to adult size in order to feed to my Bettas(adult breeding stock), only going to feed babies to adult guppies and fry(both guppy fry and Betta fry). I was also looking at get some "Water flees" or Daphnia.

Also I'm looking at what like a brine shrimp but a freshwater type that is called fairy shrimp.