1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

red bellies

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by punkazzoverb, Sep 26, 2008.

1. punkazzoverb

punkazzoverb Thread Starter New Member

not good pic.

ai79.photobucket.com_albums_j131_justinoverb_piranha22.jpg

2. crazhrse

crazhrse New Member

nice looking fish but i alway's wondered why not pacu's instead and then you could have alot better tankmate, but they do look nice

3. punkazzoverb

thanks man.. they are my babies.

i always like things differnt i want what everyone else don't have.. i have snakes. but i have rare expensive ones lol ..

I do have 2 pacu, and 5 red bellies in the tank together.. when they were younger you couldn't tell the differnce and the pacu were acutally more aggressive than the piranha.

i also have 4 guppies that are in the tank, they've been in there so long, 2 of them are pregnant,

also have an albino Pleco which they never seem to bother either..

i replaced the natural gravel with black and a black back ground, i hope to get some better pics soon . to show everything..

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Nice rbp, their reputation is so overblown in my opinion, that being said a school of 20 or 30 is something to see!

5. crazhrse

crazhrse New Member

cool, the only thing i really liked alot better about the piranha is they have a cool ass underbite,what size tank are they in

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

That general underbite represents the strength in the bottom jaws, much like the flowerhorn you have pee wee, you can just tell that thing's bite is sure to hurt.

7. crazhrse

crazhrse New Member

yea this little crackhead has a underbite to i noticed btw how are the terrors looking , did you put them in the 125 with the other 2

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Nah, not yet, they are in the 75 for the time being, give them some time to grow and I am still waiting on anther big piece of driftwood to get here so that there will be enough hides and less open space for battles to occur.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

its weird i have a ability to tell pacu from pirhanna for some reason even if there the same size but there nice looking though

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I would hope so.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

a lot of people that r fish keepers cant tell

12. punkazzoverb

well i can now.. and especially when they get older.. but when they were babies and just got them.. it was very hard.

and i have them in a 100gallon... upgrading to a 180 shortly and ordering some more..

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

the pirhanna has a bumpier head and the pacus red belly fades away.I miss my pacu :cry:

14. punkazzoverb

as they get old er the lower jaw on the piranha gets straight while on pacu, they hold the more rounded shape..

takes my fish about 6 seconds, (no exajerating) to finish off a mouse. its crazy.

15. punkazzoverb

here is a link to my fish eating.. yes that me putting the mouse in the tank .
    [youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/es7PKPjH5cQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/es7PKPjH5cQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

16. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

17. punkazzoverb

what???? lol i think its awesome!!! :twisted:

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

What if God threw you in a shark tank? Over or Under: 6 seconds?

19. punkazzoverb

Let me know when he does and i'll show you my reaction. ;)

20. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I'm not a big fan of mice but that guy looked cute. LoL I could never feed anything live food. (Worms and crickets excluded)