1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Reef tank guy from NY

Discussion in 'Reefs and Nano Aquarium Photos' started by inkmates, Jun 2, 2009.

1. inkmates

inkmates Thread Starter New Member

Just signed on for the first time and wanted to say hi to everyone. I guess I'll tell everyone about myself,I've been keeping fish on and off for 15-20yrs and started my first saltwater tank about 2 years ago. I currently have a 55g mixed reef. I am like a mad scientist when it comes to diy builds, i just finished my diy skimmer. I am getting ready to put together a sulphur denitrifier next, and I'm always tinkering with diy lr.

heres a pic of the skimmer I just built this was a test fit of all the parts
    ai330.photobucket.com_albums_l419_inkmates_fish_20pics_DSCN0057.jpg

heres a full tank shot Can you tell which rock is diy and which is not?
    ai330.photobucket.com_albums_l419_inkmates_fish_20pics_Panorama1.jpg

and heres a sump side shot
    ai330.photobucket.com_albums_l419_inkmates_fish_20pics_DSCN0068.jpg

if anyone every needs any help with any diy projects just lmk and I'll do my best to help Happy Reefing

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to the forum. The DIY skimmer looks very interesting. Have you had a chance to test it out yet ?

3. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

4. inkmates

I've had it online for about a week now its starting to make good foam now another week or so and it should be running great. You can see the base of it in the sump shot posted above.

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Welcome to The Exotic Fish Forum inkmates!

:D Please make yourself feel right at home sharing and learning with the rest of us, we're definitely a friendly bunch!

:confused: If you’re having trouble finding something or need help you can contact myself (MOD_Dawn), Anthony or Jake through pm and we'll gladly help you ;)

:D Also, if/when you get a chance be sure to post some photos/videos of your setup/setups.

-> The following link will lead you directly to our photo/video section Aquarium Photos - Show off your Tank Forum

6. ira

ira Member

Welcome

7. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

haha you seem really handing and welcome to the forum

8. inkmates

thanks for the warm welcome all

9. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Welcome! Nice DIY work there!