1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Smokey's 125G - Pic Heavy

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by SmokeyCFH, Oct 16, 2010.

1. SmokeyCFH

SmokeyCFH Thread Starter New Member

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

now those are some BIG fish!
    wish I had room for a tank that size, but my 90g will just have to do.
    I can't believe you have all that in a 125g, is it just me or is that highly overstocked?
    (shudders at the thought of how much water you must be changing out and how often)

Ps. The turtle doesn't go after the others in the tank?

3. SmokeyCFH

SmokeyCFH Thread Starter New Member

It is slightly over stocked, but hopefully I'll be getting a huge tank soon...exact size I'm not sure yet. The turtle is extremely curious about the other fish and harasses them constantly but never attacks them. I have pretty decent filtration and I clean them often, all of these fish basically fell into my lap but they seem happy for the time being so it works.

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Their definately nice looking specimens, and a huge tank...or a couple nice sized ones would probably be better for them but I understand how some people get things "given" to them and really have nowhere to put them but plan on upgrading.

That turtles gonna have one heck of a meal one day soon I'm pretty sure. Uncle had a softshell for a very limited time which was a bit bigger (basically lived in a basin) and that thing would eat bass, bluegill, perch, goldfish...basically just about anything you'd put near it.

5. qnzcuban

qnzcuban New Member

try to give the africans or sell them not right setup for them they look good but are not good ya dig bro