1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Some shots of my Discus

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by jrow8162, Apr 8, 2010.

1. jrow8162

jrow8162 Thread Starter Member

Just put a new T5 on my Discus tank. Let me know what you think...
    Discus Shots 001.jpg Discus Shots 002.jpg Discus Shots 003.jpg Discus Shots 004.jpg Discus Shots 005.jpg Discus Shots 006.jpg

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

they're looking good!
    I really like the orange one :)

<--running t-5's staggered on mine too (love the t-5 lighting).

3. jrow8162

Thanks! If your referring to the one in the 3rd pic that's one of my Hans Discus.

I'm loving the T5. I'm planting it next! I bought glass tops for it too but they didn't fit right. They were the Aqueon tops. I think I need the Perfecto tops. Will be returning those tomorrow.

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

yep, the one in the 3rd and 5th...
    ooo..what are you planting in there??

:) I've had the best luck with italian vals, purple and green cabomba, unknown green striated plant, tiger lotus (red & green), marimo balls, crypts do so-so (prone to getting algae ime with them), hornwort, and water wisteria.

5. jrow8162

Wow Dawn, so many choices! :) My brother is the plant whiz. I'll probably have him help me. I have a few plants in there that are alive but don't really grow. I just haven't seen anything that really catches my eye. I'd love to take the fake stuff out and have the live plants go crazy in there.

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

oh, if you want red...Ludwigia, Broad Leaf (Ludwigia repens). Quick grower and nice color to them ;)

It's more of a test it and see how it does with the warm waters of the discus...try a sprig of this and a sprig of that and see what works best for ya!

(I'm at 6.0 Ph with a temp of about 86F...t-5 light staggered -->Current USA Sundial T5HO: : 48 inch 4x54 Watt w/ bulbs changed to two Giesemann 6000K Midday sun & two Giesemann Aqua Floras)

[icon_exclaim.gif] Don't forget with the high heat to run an aerator in there (increased heat= decreased oxygen).

Can't wait to see it planted!

7. jrow8162

Its definitely aerated. Check the wall in the back. Bubble wall across the back of the tank! I'm gonna go look at some plants tonight. I'll try to get them growing and send you some updated pics... Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'll see if my LFS has these plants.