1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Suggestions To Attract New Members ?

Discussion in 'Site News / Feedback / Questions' started by Anthony, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

We need more active members are I'm sure you're aware.

Any ideas guys ?

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I 2nd that (need for active members)...with the expansion of members comes the wealth of additional knowledge.

Only ideas I can toss up is maybe a contest with a prize?, possibly an incentive of some sort for articles (to expand the knowledge base) that'd help others, if we had enough young'ens something like a coloring contest (could be scanned in electronically).

I'm sure others will jump in and offer some great ideas too :)

3. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

I know this has been discussed but I really feel as though if we as posting members were allowed to post links to other forums to enhance our conversations it would benefit greatly. I know this isn't something that would necessarily attract members but it would allow for a better flow of ideas through the existing board members. Just my .02 :)

4. Anthony

I think if you looked at it from a site owners point of view you would agree that linking to larger forums isn't a good idea.

5. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

I understand what you are saying that it has the potential to lure members away, but I think that it would really help with the exchange of information between the few existing members. There is very little information that can be found on the net about the hobby that doesn't have a forum linked to it. For instance if someone is asking about a particular type of catfish we can't link them to the VAST array of information on planet catfish, the same goes for plants. If someone is asking about a plant we can't say hey go to the profile on planted tank and check out the information there, even though it is not linking directly to the forum part of the website.

6. Anthony

Feel free to add profiles to the forum. Hehe

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

yea, it'd sure be nice to have some help [icon_razz.gif]

8. utsadude

utsadude New Member

I just got here, and I am already ticked off.

This needs to stop happening to me...

ai883.photobucket.com_albums_ac39_therealutsadude_Screenshot2011_04_05at54008PM.png

I understand I am a new member, but no other forum I am on requires this...

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

@ utsadude
    I think it's an issue with a recent site update,
    just before you posted this I had brought it to the site owners attention (since he'd be the only one that can look into it). I'll link him to this and get his input on what's going on with the needing approval all of a sudden.

10. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Okay, the "issue" has been fixed.
    Only your first post should have required approval (this helps to prevent spam), apparently a setting was changed when the forum went under the update.

11. utsadude

utsadude New Member

I have to apologize to you Anthony. I am sorry if I came across as angry earlier. I was unaware this was a one time deal and was a little confused.

12. Anthony

No worries. Welcome to the forum.