1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Tetra Color Tropical Granules (Bits)

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by LemonDiscus, Mar 15, 2009.

1. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Thread Starter Active Member

I have just started using it however I swore I would buy it once I was out of my other food. MANY other Discus and Angelfish keepers I know/knew feed this as the staple diet and all have beautiful fully grown happy fish!

The day has come and this food is great! The size of the granules is just perfect for smaller mouthed fish like GBRs, Discus and Angelfish.

I do find it seems hard for the Cardinal Tetras to eat it but they peck peices off of it...

Another benefit is that it really does not slop up the water and I am used to having to crush larger foods for my fish and sometimes that is too small and seems to almost go to waste in the substrate.

Here are the nutritional specifications:
    47.5% Crude Protien (VERY high)
    6.5% Crude Fat (Pretty low for such high of a protein rating)
    2.0% Max Moisture
    6.0% Min Phosphorus
    1.5% Abscorbic Acid and Vitamin C

I highly recommend this food myself for those keeping smaller mouthed Cichlids!
    tetra bit.jpg

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I tried them, No One would touch them in my tank.
    They just ended up getting stuck all over the emperor intake.

Mind everyone this is a community tank that also includes the bristlenoses, Sae's, corys, and shrimp.

I surely would have thought someone in there woulda "tested" them.

Very disappointed and won't be purchasing them again. (2 cans wasted).