1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Texas here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by utsadude, Apr 5, 2011.

1. utsadude

utsadude Thread Starter New Member

Hello all!

I am an avid aquarist now and have been for a few years.

It all started when I was young. My mother always had an aquarium in my room and I loved it. Of course my little brother had to go and ruin a good thing by smashing a hole in the tank... So I got away from aquariums for about ten years.

Freshman year of college, my apartment didn't allow pets and I was bored so I bought a 5 gallon aquarium. That 5 grew to a 10, then a 20, and then I made a big leap. To my current aquarium, which is a 7x2x2 210 gallon tank.

Currently, I have/maintain five aquariums. My 210 in my bedroom, my brother's 29 in his room, my mother's 55 at our business, my mother's other tank a 20, and a 10 gallon we keep on our porch.

I have gone a few times back and forth between saltwater and freshwater. The 5 was freshwater, the 10 started out saltwater but when I moved I couldn't keep the fish so I sold them and converted back to freshwater for ease. Then I moved my fish from the fresh 10 to a fresh 20. And then from the 20 to the 210.

I have to get back to class now so I will post more info on what lives in the tanks in a while. If you care to know that is...

I'm Chip btw! Nice to be here.

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Hello Chip and welcome to THE EXOTIC FISH forum: our friendly & family oriented forum that focuses in on the proper care of wet pets.

;) We are glad that you have found us and can only hope that you make yourself feel right at home with the rest of us.

[icon_question.gif] If you find yourself needing HELP at any point and time please feel free to contact:
    -> myself - Mod_Dawn
    -> our site owner- Anthony
    ...and we’d be glad to assist you in any way that we can.

[*]To get started I suggest you first create your Profile

-> Please note that your avatar should be no larger than 120x120 pixels and any photo/photos that you post to the forum will need to be below 400kb.

[*]Afterwards, you can follow the link below to our Photography / Video section and post your own photos / videos if you have any readily available!
    Aquarium Photos - Show off your Tank Forum

[*] Finally, you can browse through the topics and add your own experiences or thoughts & even post your own unique topic!

3. utsadude

Thank you for the welcome and all the help Dawn.

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

np, anytime ;)

5. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

welcome.

6. utsadude

My fish:

210:
    1- needle nose far
    1- Senegal polypterus
    2- bala sharks
    2- silver dollars
    2- pictus cats
    2- orange eclipse cats
    2- sailfin cats
    2- Raphael striped cats
    1- pangasius cat/shark
    1- lyretail dalmation Molly
    2- African brown knives
    2- large mouth bass
    4- plecostamus (various sizes)
    (I think that's it)

29:
    2- managuense cichlids(breeding pair)
    100+ now 1/4" fry
    (I know it's a small tank but my brother can't afford any bigger right now)

20:
    1- red eared slider

55:
    1- parrot fish
    10- various tetras
    2- rosy red minnows that are HUGE now(started out as feeder for my gar and my niece loved them so here they are)
    2- Cory cats
    3- algae eaters

10:
    1- tiger Oscar
    1- albino together Oscar

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Probably already know this, but the red ear slider tank and the oscar tank are gonna need upgraded.

I had a parrot fish a good while back...absolutely loved them!!!
    Just gotta watch and make sure it's getting it's fair share of food (due to the mouth shape), especially knowing tetras will scarf down anything faster than it hits the water :)

8. utsadude

Oh I know. But the turtle has been in this tank for months and he seems happy. But my mother won't listen when I tell her she needs a bigger tank. It's at our business and everybody that comes in the shop loves it.

As for the parrot fish, she gets all the food she needs. My mother tends to over feed them as it is so that is not a worry.