1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Thailand Fish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by block2, Jan 26, 2009.

1. block2

block2 Thread Starter New Member

Hi,

Heres a few Pics of the fish I have caught in the village lake. I have seen big fish in there and I saw a chap put something quite large into the lake the other month. I saw a decent roach missing its stomach on top of the water one day. Pity as we eat the roach when we catch them, as they quite big.

1. This is a Giant Gourami, that i caught in the village lake. Quite a docile fish, came right upto where I was fishing, had 2 rods out and one just in the water which I was n't using at the time, only took the bait on that one and it was off, good 15 minutes play.
    We got flooded twice last month as both lakes broke their banks. Fish everywhere. Around our lake I have put wire-mesh to deter me dogs from getting over but theres about a 2" gap at the bottom. We lost quite a few from our lake when the floods came including this Giant Gourami, he must of went sideways through the gap. We managed to grab him in a net the first time he got out in the beck/river that runs down the side of our home, but the 2nd time he got out no one seen him. We got told later it was caught in a net further up the beck/river and need I say what happened to it.

ai470.photobucket.com_albums_rr65_block2_photos_giantgourami.jpg

2. This is a smaller Gourami in our lake. We have quite a few of these. If you look closely, you will see an orange bubble near its head, thats its fry. They protect them for about 2 weeks then the fry are left to defend for themselves. They stay in the ball, taken it turns, centre ones rise for air, they then return to the outside of the ball, then the next centre ones rise, they then return to the outside of the ball. This is done many times...Very clever.

ai470.photobucket.com_albums_rr65_block2_photos_Untitled_1.jpg

3. This is a nice catfish, the Thais like to eat these, this one I managed to transfer into our lake.

ai470.photobucket.com_albums_rr65_block2_photos_catfish.jpg

4. Not sure what this is, but its my favorite from the village lake. I say it was some type of chub. It as a beautiful golden bronze colour. Caught a few of these and they are very tasty.

ai470.photobucket.com_albums_rr65_block2_photos_julyaug_022.jpg

Will shot some more pics up when i get then shrunk in photoshop

regards
    Jeff

2. ira

ira Member

Welcome, Nice photos