1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Too many Nics

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by MonteSS, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonteSS

MonteSS Thread Starter New Member

I've been growing out the Nic babies with the parents in the 46g. They are over 1.5" now so time to take them to the pet store. The LFS only wants (has room for) ten. The chain stores in town is not allowed to buy them. I put some on Craigslist but no bites. What do I do with the rest. I guess I will have to put them down .

I could try fish stores in Richmond, but not worth the gas to get $1 a fish from them.

I also have 100 or so HRP growing out. My other fish wont eat them either.

Heres a vid of the chaos. I'm surprised the parents still go easy on them. And yes thereis a bunch of BA Tetras mixed in.

If anyone near Central VA wants some, come and get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y57U9s_KGF0

....Bill

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Hey Bill,
    I know this may be a dumb question but what are HRP's?

If you're willing to ship I'd definately do an aquabid listing and maybe an ebay one too if your not having luck on craigslist.
    That or trying posting some surrounding areas on craigslist.

<--wish I could help, but I only have a spare 20g and live no where near ya.

I know my local lfs will buy fish, but you'd have to ship them to them. I can give you contact information if you'd like (their really nice people that own/run it).

3. MonteSS

HRP=Honduran Red Point.
    Here is dad
    ai453.photobucket.com_albums_qq257_zz430t56_Picture2110_1.jpg

My LFS is taking 15 Nics. The rest are going to Capital Cichlid Association for the members there to divide up.

Thanks....Bill

4. MonteSS

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Glad to hear you found a way to place the young'ens and dad is really nice looking (that's the 1st one I've seen, my lfs doesn't carry much besides tetras and livebearers for the most part).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.