1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Trading post

Discussion in 'Site News / Feedback / Questions' started by HBIC, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HBIC

HBIC Thread Starter Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

May I suggest that instead of one person posting a million threads to sell things, in order to streamline the trading post section that if several items are listed in the same sub-area they all be contained within one thread. For instance if I have a light, filter and heater for sale instead of an individual thread for each all three are listed in one thread under the correct sub-forum. It is just a bit cluttered looking in my opinion when there are a lot of threads that could be combined into one single thread.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

too difficult for one thread imo, too hard to update when things are gone/no longer available with the brief time limit to edit.
    Then there's the issue when it doesn't fit under one specific topic (when you have multiple items)...and if you have photos it's easier to have them under the item rather than scattered.
    Discussions were just had the other day in regards to trading post "changes", so we'll see what/when these changes may/may not take place.

3. HBIC

It can be edited in posts along the way with updated titles. Can't wait to see the changes :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

yea, but that's a pain when there's alot of things listed to have to read down several posts to see what's sold and what's still available.

5. HBIC

No more of a pain than a million threads for stuff that can be combined into one thread. Just a suggestion :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I agree to disagree on the matter. I'd still be in favor of listing/posting things seperately even if it was all pulled into one main thread just simply labeled trading post. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion though, but the final say is up to the person owning/paying for the forum.

7. HBIC

If I have 25 ft of airline tubing, 3 filters, 2 air pumps, a light, and a couple of heaters I just think that it is easier, and less junky looking, to put them all in one thread instead of having 5 different threads all for equipment. As you said though we can agree to disagree.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

in your case yours are all equipment, my items were not so needed to be placed under the correct topic.
    but I'll drop this and lock this since this is childish and simply state when you join a forum you go by the forums rules when you are a member- of course when you are forum owner it's completely different and you can do whatever you want and run it whatever way you think is right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.