1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Two-sided tank?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Tanya, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Tanya

Tanya Thread Starter New Member

Planning to set up a two-sided tank (one that can be viewed from two rooms) and wanted to get your thoughts. Wall has been fitted to tank with bottom setup as a cabinet and each side of the tank has enough room to put hoses and electrical cords. The tank is a 55 gallon (48x12x21) and I will be getting the Eheim 2036 canister filter. The tank came with a hood but I am wondering how I would be able to put the hose for the filter in it from the side since the hood does not have a hole on the side. Should I just do without the hood and get a glass top and light strip? Anyone ever set up this type of tank before?

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Is the hood lite? Does it fit snug or can you push it to the front and have some room at the back for the hoses?

3. Tanya

The good is fitted to the tank so I wouldn't be able to push it. And I would need to push it to one side since I don't want the hose to show on either of the tank.

4. HBIC

Hmmm is there anyway that you could plumb it for a sump? Otherwise I would say that you are going to have to scrap the hood unless you can get someone to cut access holes in the hood for the tubing.

5. Tanya

Good news, I took a closer look at the hood and it has cut out holes and one of them is towards one end of the side so I think I can feed tubing through there. Can't wait for everything to be up and running and cycled so I can stock.

6. HBIC

Yay I am glad to hear this, can't wait for pictures :)

7. Haley Wolter

Haley Wolter New Member

Pictures yet?