1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

updated my 30g tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by manta975, May 15, 2011.

1. manta975

manta975 Thread Starter New Member

so my last goldfish finally died of who knows what (only like 3 or 4 years old 4 inches long and went through two cross country moves) so i put my baby guppies in it. now i have a nice piece of wood in it and eco compleat for substrate then moved my amazon sword in there. i also have some led lighting (not to strong but i can ad in more blue and red spectrum witch plants best absorb). next i need to get some plants in this. any ideas

its a 30 gallon tall with a "extra large" and very expensive ($47.07!!!) piece of i think its called iron wood (since its so heavy and red colored). its got just my amazon sword and a fake plant as of now. and a bristle nose pleco and about 18 guppies i would say(hoping to get my galaxy's to breed and i will put them in there too) i am open to suggestions. i can put up a pick of it too if you would like to see it.

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Love to see a picture for a visual.
    Eco-complete planted (black) is great stuff, used it in the past in my planted tanks.

Not sure of the conversions with just led lighting, but what "type" of plant recommendations are you looking for (low light, moderate, or high light)?
    Also, might help to know your pH and whether your dosing with anything (co2, blah blah blah).

I'm a fan of Crypt Wendtii, Amazon Swords, Rosette Swords, and of course the stunning Red Tiger Lotus (which in my opinion is more of a pink than an actual red).

3. manta975

aimg857.imageshack.us_img857_1161_img1579c.jpg

hope this image shows up and it might be sideways lol sorry this is with no flash the tube bulb and the leds set to white

the amazon is real the other plant is fake

4. manta975

gerrrr i forgot to add at the moment i am not putting in any extra stuffs (like co2 iron ect...bu tmy dad might buy some co2 and a reactor but thats getting ahead of myself) my light is a florescent bulb thats says it is full spectrum or something like that all over the box, but its supposed to be a good bulb for growth and i have these leds (dont remember the wattage but they do add a noticable amount of brightness) i would say i have medium to the lower end of high lighting (again that might change my dad might buy me some crazy cool lights in the future). my ph is almost always neutral rarely straying close to 8 or 6 .

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Nice looking tank!
    I'd suggest maybe some bronze Crypt Wendtii or Rosette Swords for in front of the wood...and if you wanted to add something real in place of the fake plant I'd suggest a Red tiger lotus for a pop of color (or a green tiger lotus if you prefer to stay with the green color scheme of plants).

With the above suggestions you can get away without dosing, but I would recommend Flourish Tabs for the swords (and you do know you shouldn't bury the swords crown right and only bury the roots? because in the photo it looks very buried).