1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

What is your favorite type of betta?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by betta, Jun 13, 2014.

What is your favorite type of betta?

1. Crown Tail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Delta Tail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Double Tail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Half Moon

50.0%
  5. King

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Plakat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Veil Tail

50.0%
  8. Other Betta Type

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. betta

betta Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

I think that bettas are beautiful and have one of the most distinctive and interesting personalities of freshwater fish. Like cichlids, they are on the more responsive side and can learn from experience. While they are all beautiful fish, I was wondering about opinions on which betta you felt was most beautiful.

2. guppyguy

guppyguy New Member

I love the halfmoon bettas. I think they are just the most elegant fish. But the super deltas are also stunning.

3. betta

betta Thread Starter Administrator Staff Member

I'm debating about getting another halfmoon, like the picture in my icon. He was so beautiful. They are difficult to keep and the larger they get, the more you really need a larger tank. What makes me incensed is the nonsense online about how bettas thrive in rice paddies and really only need very shallow and small amounts of water. People live in Beijing and New York City and I wouldn't say they thrive in 450 square foot apartments.