1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Wow Cool site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Anonymous, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

this is a cool site I love it I have been into fish for a long time and never knew anyone who was into them like me. I just resently have set one of my tanks back up the 55 gallon. I am hoping to be able to get them all up and running soon I even bought my daughter a 5 gallon to start getting her into it too. She is only 3 so that is the reason for it being so small.

I have barbs cat fish sharks butterfly cats yoyo loaches and a knight goby yes a goby in fresh water I know but he is doing get I do salt my tank any was with fresh water salt. lol that sounds funny. But I am a single mom of 1 that is resently in a new relationship and he doesnt get the fish thing at all he laughs at me but it is cool. want to know anything else feel free to ask. :D

2. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

wow hello welcome and you have my respect.

3. Jake

Jake Administrator

welcome

im sure your daughter will love her tank

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Hey there :D Glad you joined us !

Do you have any pictures of your tanks ?

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Not right now I dont but I will take some and post them

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Great :D

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

have to laugh/cry here..MY daughter at 3 decided that our huge salt tank needed more gravel..had a giant lion fish, that was my pride and joy, among alot of other beautiful guys..anyways her dad and I were out of town..babysitter was there, (keep in mind the top of the tank was 14 FEET high..I needed a ladder to feed!!clean, etc) anyways she takes USED kitty litter, climbs a ladder and adds almost a full litter box to the tank, understand her point the litter looked just like crushed coral!
    I called home to check on everything, the babysitter said all was okay but the tank in hubbies office was not so good, fish were at the top..told her to call the pet sore at once and get Larry to come over NOW..he got there within the hour and all was lost..I flew home the next day, needless to say babysitter flew out of the house, never got paid..what was she doing while my 3 year old took all this time to "add da'subtrate to da quairum" as she put it..now said child is in vet school, and still prays for the fish,,live coral, inverts she killed! Kids need pets and they need to learn all about what keeps them safe, bless you for teachign your child about fish..just be aware and teach her what NOT to do!.. :cry:

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Oh i agree completely she helps to take care of the other animals too. I know that this will be difficult to teach her about fish but that is the reason for her having her own tank. I think a pair of convicts is what I will get her they are hardy and pretty and very active.

9. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

Yeah, convicts are very easy to keep but I wouldn't put them in a 5 gallon tank. They usually get to be around 6".

Some Tanganyika Shell Dwellers might go nicely in there.

This guy only gets to be about 2.25" as well as many other Tanganyika Shell Dwellers.

awww_cichlid_forum_com_profiles_image_php_e69e7f29526c5acde41d4e54cafebe91._.jpg

10. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

well that will just be a good excuse to set her up a bigger tank then LOL

11. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

LoL very true :D