1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

10 Gallon Black-Bar Endler tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by MasterBlue, Apr 9, 2010.

1. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Thread Starter Active Member

Yea. They had a few minor issues, but all of them made it and all that I left in the main tank are still living it up.

2. Cynthia

Cynthia Member

that's good, I like a happy ending with fishies :D

3. MasterBlue

Updateded tank pics
    ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg300_blueboy171_endler_blackbar_100_0966.jpg
    ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg300_blueboy171_endler_blackbar_fishies.jpg

4. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Looking Good

5. MasterBlue

Made a few removals. Took the less desirable males out and tossed them into another tank. The guppy seems pleased with his new friends.

I observed some of the traits I have swimming about. I had one smaller male who was more yellow and green. With some good breeding and careful watch I could make some nice green black bars. But It's not worth it right now (no tank space)

Most of my Males have what looks like blue dorsals and some blue swords, that is until they age and get the red. The blue is most dominant in the dorsals. Some even keep it instead of losing it.

One male has a almost fancy guppy dorsal. It's a little bigger than his brothers. I think I want him to be the top male and breed the most. Nice sized fine, bold black, great red, and even some pleasant red and black on the dorsal.

6. MasterBlue

I collected a few plants and some clay and sand from Mississippi... Added the clay to this tank to hold the Micro Sword in place. Seems to be working well. May do the same to the other tanks... May not. Who knows.

To do: Clean filter and seek more plants

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

and the clay isn't making the tank a murky mess?
    will it fall apart when you do partials?

8. MasterBlue

It's a solid mass. It stays in one place. It might not be clay, but some other natural substance. It's grey and rather sandy feeling.

It stays together in sheets. So far It's doing great!

9. MasterBlue

ok so I decided to get rid of all but one of my males and I'm going to keep only 3 females.
    The other 20+ fish are going to get donated to my old bio teacher. With specific instruction and a layered curriculum to teach the kiddies on ecology and how we have a direct effect on the lives of not just a few animals, but entire populations.

Thought and feelings?

10. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

I got alot of thoughts and feelings but I dont believe in group therapy. sorry.

Do It I set up a 10g tank at my sons school and doing one for my daughters school this year. My 4yo is great with aquatics just from hanging out with me but kids are sponges and if you can teach them now on stuff they are interested in(what kid doesnt dig a fish tank?) they wont fully forget it all like they will most of their freshman and sophmore years.

11. MasterBlue

Well, it's a high school I'm donating them to.

Sooner or later I'm planning on getting in gear (Spring I hope) and getting into college to get a degree in teaching and Biology. After thet I may work towards furthering my education into more advanced and specialized feilds (I wanna study crustaceans and Live bearing critters)

12. MasterBlue

I guess you could lock this, lol