1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

10 Gallon Endler Hybrid Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by MasterBlue, May 22, 2010.

1. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Thread Starter Active Member

Well, I went to the petstore to simply get a new filter.... But I ended up leaving with 4 new fish. These are (atlest mostly) Hybrid Endlers. They are a little below my standards, but one male fish is just amazing:
    ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg300_blueboy171_endler_PetStores_PETS4_1.jpg

The rest are blue =P
    Group shot:
    ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg300_blueboy171_endler_PetStores_PETS3.jpg

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

they look like your common fancy guppies..endlers are smaller.
    the top one looks like a male tequila sunrise guppy (if so, they are very pretty with the yellow and orange coloration..had one when I kept guppies).

3. MasterBlue

Oh, so thats what you call him? =3 He is a pink/pearl with a deep red at the tips.
    The females look prety run of the mil, but the males have all the trademarks of Endlers, the dot placement and the sword blurs. They are prolly just some old throw aways, but lets see what I can make of them, eh?

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

looks yellow with orange by the photo (but it's blurry)...regardless looks nice coloration wise.
    <--doesn't care if they are pure this or that..as long as they are pretty :)

5. MasterBlue

lol,like I've said before =P I'm not concerned with it myself, but I want a solid genetic like to fall back on for later breeding. Reason I fussed over the idea of a random hybrid in my bb tank is that it risked giving me fish that didn't breed true (tho I've noticed that alot of those bb Endlers are starting to throw out a few awfully sick fish. I've made a few culls here and there, but I'm worried that I'll see more and more of them as we go ... But, if I'm lucky it was just a particular female's first drop, and the rest will be fine. If not ... Well, I'll have to do some more pruning...

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

sorry you're not having luck, my 20 is doing well...I have babies everywhere and a few (photos were posted before) are absolutely stunning in color! I'm pretty excited...eventually I'd like to switch it up a bit and do simply cherry shrimp AND endlers mixed with guppies, but I'm defin in no hurry.

7. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I agree, they don't look like Endler hybrids at all to me.

8. MasterBlue

XD It's the two males I bough that I CAN'T get images of XD I've been trying!
    Either way, they will be hybrids soon enough. I placed two females form my other tanks into it and now I'm just gunna wait.

9. MasterBlue

XD Well, today as I was working on sorting my Tiger Mess out I lost both the males I was calling Hybrids. Oh well =P
    I had already place in the tank Endler Females, so it won't tank long to have my hybrid lines forming.

Added the pool sand and will add the drift wood from the 50 gallon tomorrow as I clean it. All my tanks will have pool sand tomorrow afternoon, if not then I curse the things that stop me!

lol

10. MasterBlue

I'm not sure who's fry I got, but I got some =3
    I expect the Tiger Endler Female I placed in the tank is the mother. She's lost some weight =P

11. MasterBlue

The guppy male and female I'm crossing with the proper endler mate
    ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg300_blueboy171_endler_hybrid_100_0964.jpg
    ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg300_blueboy171_endler_hybrid_100_0965.jpg

12. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

wow, that tank is super cloudy/hazy?
    what's up with that? Cycling or something?

nice chunk of wood ya got in there ;)

13. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Dawn's right very hazy, what are the parameters for the tank? Ammonia?

14. MasterBlue

It's still being cycled.
    All my tanks are at this time.

The pool sand seems able to grow algae like no tommow, but the full cycle is taking a lot longer than I normally expect.

Other two tanks are looking better, and honestly so is this one. I've started doing a 10% partial every morning on it.
    The filter is new but I took some old filter media and placed it in there. That may also be part of my problem?

And thanks. I actually dislike this one. It's full of spaces for the java moss to go tho =D

15. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

If all your tanks are in the cycling mode where did you get the Filter media? Did you know sometimes fish stores will give you used filter media?

16. MasterBlue

o.o; Wow.
    The media comes from my other two tanks. I figured I used one part for each tank and I'll have a quicker cycle with the seeded bacteria?

17. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

If the other 2 are cycling removing bacteria from them can prolong the cycle. Daily water changes is the best way to go and not to add any more fish till cycle is complete.

18. MasterBlue

lol, wish I could tell my girls to stop =P
    But the other two are "done" cycling so it works out well. Just gotta keep on top of this tank.
    Water change then feeding time! Getting canned crab today =3

19. MasterBlue

... I've started seeing some agression from my female guppy. I noticed some white spots on the Tiger Female I have in the tank, and as such was concerned. After sitting in front the tank I noticed the guppy nipping at other fish and chasing some around. I may seperate her earlyier than I had planned, but it's going to be for whats best.

I'm worried these injuries will become infected since the tank is still cycling T.T;

20. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

what's the temp? could you have ich in the tank?