1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

10 Gallon Heterandria Formosa Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anthony, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

Just got these guys today thanks to MasterBlue. Ignore the horrible aquascape, I just threw extra plants in there last minute. I'm going to rearrange them next week and maybe pick up some other type of plants as I'm not sure how this Marineland LED system is going to do with L. Repens.

The tank is still pretty cloudy from the sand but hopefully that will clear in a few hours. The fry are so tiny I have no idea where they went once they hit the water.
    DSCN0434.jpg

2. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

=3 yay!
    it looks fairly good for what it is =P

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

needs a black background (plants would stand out more and the silvery color of the fish would make them easier to spot)...Mine are looking great on the black!
    Also, maybe add a bright green plant such as evil hornwort...they look really nice against those colors.

4. Anthony

Yeah, gonna put on a background next week.

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

are you having issues with the filter being strong despite adjusting it?

6. Anthony

I have it completely opened and pointed toward the back of the tank. Seems fine even with these small guys.

7. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

maybe because they're better swimmers than the cory fry?

8. Anthony

Maybe. The fry kept swimming into the current and getting spun around but he kept going back over it it. Maybe he thought it was fun ? Haven't seen him this morning though so I hope he's hiding in the plants somewhere.

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I know in my case I was mortified ... I never unplugged anything soo fast in my life. Lol!

10. Anthony

Ended up laying on the floor looking around the tank and counted 4 or 5 fry.

11. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

haha, expect more soon. They are slower to reproduce, but smaller and better hiders. One day you'll notice all these adults you missed over the last month =P