1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

10 Gallon nano

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by NoctuVide, Jan 9, 2009.

1. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Thread Starter Member

so here's a pic of my tank. I'm still trying to figure out how I want to set up the live rock
    IMG_0005.jpg

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Looks good. I'd try to get some more live rock to stack on that to make hiding spaces for the fish.

3. NoctuVide

maybe a couple of smaller pieces? I was thinking of going to uncle ned's and picking up a couple more smaller pieces, being that I like his live rock a little more then I like the new stuff I got from the lfs is quincy and I can't really do a lot of stacking with the four larger pieces I have. I was going to go with just the 10 pounds (lb per gallon) but it doesn't look right not stacked... lol

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Yep yep... I'm not sure how many pounds that is but a good amount to have is about 1.5lbs per gallon of water.

5. NoctuVide

hmmm, I'll have to go there today and see what smaller pieces he has....maybe some nice coralline covered ones....lol those four larger pieces come out to 12lbs or so total.

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Wow, it doesn't look like that much.

7. NoctuVide

yea, the 1st and the 3rd rock are from uncles neds, have so far had the most life on them (so far the aiptasia, sponge, shrimp, some worm looking thing, a couple small snails, and possibly a crab), the 3rd rock looks like it has purple coralline, and they weighed a little over 4lbs total. The 2nd and 4th rock are from lovely pets in quincy, seem to have green coralline on them (I guess you can end up with an assortment of colors of coraline, though I really want the purple..), don't seem to have a whole lot of life on them yet, and weighed a little over 6lbs total. I think I'm going to head out in a few minutes to see what smaller pieces ned's has

8. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

The two from Uncle Neds look niceer to me. :D

9. NoctuVide

Here's an updated pic of the tank with some new rock. The other pic is one of the rocks I got today from uncle ned's...talk about coralline!
    IMG_0003.jpg IMG_0004.jpg

10. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

;) That thing's covered !

11. NoctuVide

I love uncle ned's! lol

12. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I never paid much attention to his saltwater tanks when I live in MA because I only kept cichlids then.

13. NoctuVide

yea, he has a huge cichlid selection