1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

10 gallon Tiger Endler Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by MasterBlue, Apr 8, 2010.

1. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Thread Starter Active Member

As it currently Stands I have completely fallen in love with these fish! They are very aggressive eaters and enjoy picking on the snails. That might seem bad, but so long as they don't attack the shrimp I'm ok with it :)

This tank is both a Tiger Endler and a Red Cherry Shrimp tank. I've been breeding for the reddest shrimp I can, they are coming out nicely too.

2. MasterBlue

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I have them in my 10g too (cherry shrimp & endlers)...love them both! Especially the male endlers :)
    Ps. the endlers will definately munch the babies so you know!
    If you're really worried about the colony you can always stick a divider in there.

4. MasterBlue

ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg300_blueboy171_endler_Tiger_Endlers_by_Phoenix_Crypng.jpg
    An image I found on the internet

These are what the Tiger Endlers look like. They are certainly hybrids, but soooo pretty!!!!
    So far I've not seen them eat any baby shrimp, but they are still fairly new and the shrimp are all about to explode, so I doubt I'd notice any way :rolleyes:
    I haven't had any drops from this tank yet, I'm expecting some soon tho. (I got like 75% males, so I'll be weeding some out soon...)

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

wow, those are very pretty (endlers)...first that I've seen ones that look like that.

6. heyfishiesfishies

heyfishiesfishies New Member

Yup...very beautiful fish. I used to have Black Bar Endlers but not as pretty as this. Don't worry about not having drops from your Endlers..Before you know it, you'll have 100s of fries... they breed like "endler"..hihi..

7. MasterBlue

Oh I know =3
    But, with less females than males I'll just have thin out the males (Pick the ones I like the most)
    If you want Dawn I can send a few of them to you with the other stuff I've promised?

8. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

That would be great! ;)

9. MasterBlue

New Images today. Plant growth is good now =D
    ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg300_blueboy171_endler_CIMG0179.jpg
    ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg300_blueboy171_endler_CIMG0180.jpg
    ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg300_blueboy171_endler_CIMG0181.jpg

10. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Plants look good (anarchias, moss, stargrass and not sure what the other is towards the back..moneywort?), quick question though...don't you find the light colored substrate difficult (I know every time I tried light I'd get the brown/green algae in the very front against the tank glass)?

Haha! Your cherry shrimp do the same as mine...crawl over the moss covered driftwood like they are king of the mountain :)

11. MasterBlue

Nope. On the shells, yes (I have a mixed sand with crushed shells), but the glass no. Actually, I've had no reason to clean my glass in a month or so now. So I'm either doing this right or I'm doing it too bad I can't grow algae =P

12. MasterBlue

--
    you know, I've still yet to get any fry from this tank. If I have gotten some, I'm sure the males ate them o.o;

13. MasterBlue

I came home today from a 4 hour trip to find that the night wasn't kind to my tank. I have been aggressively removing any and all black beard algae and this other stuff I got on the latest plants (it's a nice, green coating algae. Looks beautiful, but it's growing on everything and it WILL NOT STOP), but it took over most of the gravel in the tank in one darn night. It's really bad guys!

So, what I'm gunna do about it.
    Monday, since I'm off to mail stuff to Anthony and Dawn, I'll be removing all the gravel, sand, shells, plants, and the driftwood from the tank. Scrub it down, toss out anything with the algae on it, and just keep the tank bare bottom for a few weeks. Going to buy me a few tubs for the various thing I need to do anyway, so I'll use them to keep the fish and what not till I'm done.

If this doesn't work, then I'm just going to give up and let it have fun. [icon_e_surprised.gif]

14. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Green coating algae sounds like cladophora to me, which is usually indicative of low nitrates. Drop some H2O2 into the tank and manually remove all that you see.

15. MasterBlue

Last time I did that it killed my plants and snails XD But I've been working at it.

16. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

H2O2 gases off and becomes little more than oxygen it doesn't make sense why it would kill anything. How much did you add?

17. MasterBlue

I used about a cap full once a day on the affected areas for three days. But, those are also on my plants, can well, they died bofore the algae did.

The green algae looks a bit like thick hair.

18. MasterBlue

h2o2 is helping on the hair looking algae. I've just been removing the stag by hand.

I had some fry born finally! =3
    And updated images for those keeping watch!
    ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg300_blueboy171_endler_CIMG0189.jpg
    ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg300_blueboy171_endler_CIMG0183.jpg
    ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg300_blueboy171_endler_CIMG0185.jpg
    ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg300_blueboy171_endler_fish.jpg

19. MasterBlue

20. MasterBlue

I got about 8 fry dropped this morning =3 You can tell these are more guppy(assuming) than Endler. They are still very, very beautiful hybrids! lol

Might try to snag an image or two later, for now I'm tired =P