1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

10 gallon Tiger Endler Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by MasterBlue, Apr 8, 2010.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

congrats on the fry!

2. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Thread Starter Active Member

Thanks Dawn ^^
    On a related note, I was thinking of setting taking down my two ten gallons and setting up a Tiger Endler 20 gallon long and moving my Pure stock into the 50 gallon. What says ye?

3. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Sounds like a plan to me. You're doing a great job MasterBlue. Congrates on the wee ones.(and I do mean WEE! LOL)

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

depending on how many you have & if it's a 20L you can always divide it in half and put tigers in one side and pure's in the other. Heck, you can even do that with the 55g if the numbers are too high to do it with the 20.

5. MasterBlue

I think the Tigers need more room, and honestly I'm starting to favor them over my Heterandria formosa... o.o;
    I can put the Pure stock in with the Hets and they would be ok, while the tigers would easily make a snack of the Het fry, the pure stock doesn't seem to bother them(I raised three fry with them to test that). It would allow me to add more tank room while removing one tank..

I think My mind is made up. I'm going to take the BB Endler tank and collapse it while I add the fish from it to my 50 gallon. Then have the 20 gallon setup up for the Tiger Endlers. I'll do this when I am redoing my 50 gallon tank.

6. MasterBlue

New video of my fish ^^
    The one in the breeder box is the "hybrid" I got from Dawn.

7. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

The video isn't working. Has it processed on YouTube yet ?

8. MasterBlue

Try it now?

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

boy her color really decreased, but she looks just as healthy as when I sent her.
    I fed them mainly nls freshwater flake crushed and never had one that didn't come to the surface looking for more to scraf down, Lol! :)

10. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

It's hard to tell from that video but why are you saying she's a hybrid ?

11. MasterBlue

lol, I suspect her to be a hybrid, her tail is red and the dorsal fin is a white. Altho, consistent traits associated with a constant sire have been know to produce a female with which the male traits are lightly visible. In other words, it could be her suppressed male traits being allowed to show in a limited fashion. But this is normally the case with a successive single male-daughter breed for hundreds of generations. A form of inbreeding mutation. Not something that is likely to present itself in a regular tank. If she is a hybrid, then that would also carry over. Normally Female fancy guppies that show reduced male traits are able to pass weakened forms of this to there offspring when crossed with a wild, or otherwise normal male.

This is my inbreed theory I developed from about three years of study in other peoples tanks, and the last year of this I bred a fancy guppy with a male wild. I received one drop from her sadly, then she passed away. She was a aged cull from a local breeder. I loved that fish =( all the guppies I got from this year of breeding went to one specific teacher. My old biology teacher who encouraged my obsession with breeding critters and also gave me my spark to get into an aquarium.

And her colors should come back in a few days. I had her separated from the rest of the tank to do a very through inspection of her form. She's now going to have to sit in the breeder box till I can set the 3 gallon up for her.

12. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Oh okay, I couldn't see any color from that video.

13. nossie

nossie Member

I love the setup in your tanks! :) The idea with that moss on the wood is so lovely~!

14. MasterBlue

I know ^^ I love it too. But, it takes a few months for the java moss to grow like mine has. And even when established it takes a great deal of time =/
    3 Gallon tank's all set up and she's happily swimming about. Loving the extra room!
    About to feed her then go off to work. Later guys ^^

15. nossie

nossie Member

I can imagine! :) If I'd keep anything like it with my goldfish they'd eat the poor plants before they even get a chance to establish :C

16. MasterBlue

Well, as I continued the struggle with keeping the Hybrid tank in good water conditions, my Tiger Tank and BB tanks got neglected. That said I've just taken my first good look into the Tiger tank. I've gotten algae all over the place. I removed almost all my anarchias, and the other "mystery plants" and did a heavy dosage of Hydrogen peroxide. It was a nighmare. hundreds of baby shrimp went all over the place and the snails are all starting to float.

I'm just not having a good day with my tanks! =(

bb tank is still ok, the plants need to be clipped, but other than that we're good.

Thinking of quiting with my current plant selection and getting something else. Micro swords are nice, lol

17. nossie

nossie Member

Aww D': ****, that ****... I'm a bit frustrated about the algae on my pretty anubias :C (But my goldfish are really happy about it)
    You don't mean that them shrimp babies died?! 8'c

18. MasterBlue

Well, I think the ones that made it out alive kinnda got eaten by the Endlers >.>;
    I saw a little white one get away. But alot I watched get eaten ... Isn't life wonderful?
    Well, time for work...

19. MasterBlue

Yep. I'm done. I killed everything. All the shrimp and snails, and most of my fish.
    I removed alot of the fish after I od the tank (which I did by mistake mind you), but the ones I left in the tank, and the shrimp too, are all dead. Breaking the tank down and getting a count of what survived.

Good news is I killed the algae >.>;

20. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

man, I'm really sorry to hear that.
    everyone makes mistakes, but when you're talking about losing an entire tank ...that's rough!