1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

10 gallon Tiger Endler Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by MasterBlue, Apr 8, 2010.

1. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Thread Starter Active Member

lol, I do it the old fashioned way. I suck the water threw a hose and let gravity work it's magic =P

Sadly those two were my largest females (notice a sudden trend here? o.o;) and were still weak from the stress of all the events in recent. T.T;

2. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Believe me when i say we have all had horror stories with difficult time. At least now-a-days with the computer it is easier. I still use the gravity method with a 5 gal bucket. I just put my finger over the out-take hole stop the flow and let the water and fish in the hose back into the tank. I don't know anything about pythons I've been doing it this way since the 1960's.

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

oh you have to try the python no spill clean' n fills!
    All you do is hook them to your sink..put the tube in your tank and turn the water on (this allows siphoning without needing to burp or prime the siphon)...No buckets.
    Refills the same way...just twist the adapter.

I'll defin. never go back...what used to take me hours takes me literally just minutes!

4. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Over $30 for a water Bed filler I just not sure. What about chlorine in the water? I prefer to mix Prime in it first then add it to the tank.

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

6. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Okay Dawn, I looked into it. I have a waterbed drain kit (i have a waterbed) I have the turn off valve, I can use a water bottle like Anthony suggested. All I would need is the tubing. Will have to price it online for bulk tubing.

7. MasterBlue

Left the light on all night and awoke to a heavy amount of Algae on the sand and back wall. *sigh*

I have a shrimp who seems thrilled at least, lol

I can se more algae forming on the front wall too... Wonderous! When I raised Triops I WANTED algae to grow like this and never could get it to. Now that I've stopped and don't want it I got it!

8. nossie

nossie Member

Umm, Master Blue! I think it's a healthier and better idea not to suck the water in the hose, but to pour some tap water into it and THEN gravity should do wonders :) It naturally sucks the water out of the end that's higher, rite c:

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

ace hardware, home depot, lowes-- refrigerator tubing, etc. they'll sell it in small sections or large sections for ya.

10. MasterBlue

=3 I got some new fry! I counted a small brood of about 5.

The fish are in great health now, but algae is over running the tank and there isn't a thing not covered. But I guess that's my fault, I found a 300 watt light and sorta tossed it in.

Water is pretty much constant at 90, and I've had some noticeable growth of the Micro Sword.

I'm thinking of removing the logs from two of my tanks and placeing them into a dark place to try to kill the stag horn algae and the softer stuff too. I've just about had it =/

11. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

bristlenose pleco and TRUE sae's (to tackle the algae).

12. MasterBlue

lol, I've gotta get rid of the Log in the tank. The java moss and the sand are just covered. The snails and Endlers are loving the stuff! lol
    And I can't add any more fish to the tank. Not if I want to keep as many Tigers as I do.

13. MasterBlue

about 10 fry now ^^ I's a happy boy!

14. MasterBlue

Well, after this time I feel like letting you all know, I have gotten enough fry to rebuild my population. Males are starting to color up well. Sadly they may be missing the better part of the black that the males would ideally have. But they are still quite young and it'll take time to tell for sure.

If they don't get the boldness I like then I will remove them and use them in the "Over Population" Tank. It's part of the 50 gallon. I keep any males that either don't have what I want or are to be used later. These will also be allowed to freely breed as they please. Guppies and Endlers alike.

My two older males are currently in with the female blue guppy. I'm hoping for either greens or blues. I'm assuming I'll get some weird looking guys the first few generations. Then I may get some leveled genetics. I'll let yall know.

15. MasterBlue

Tiger population pruned a tad and some nice males are starting to pop up. I'm very pleased.

16. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Congrates

17. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

gotta love the livebearers....they live to reproduce CONSTANTLY. Lol!

18. MasterBlue

lol
    Thanx FishVixen ^^